Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Babycham06
    • By Babycham06 17th Apr 18, 10:15 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Babycham06
    Loan help
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:15 AM
    Loan help 17th Apr 18 at 10:15 AM
    Hello, looking to apply for a personal loan, however, I am a carer for my mum and this is my only involve as my husband has a well paid job. When applying do i include his money too on income? He gives me a set amount each week
    Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 17th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 18,620 Posts
    • 19,878 Thanks
    zx81
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    It depends on what they ask you - your own income, or household.
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    • 1,916 Posts
    • 1,129 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    Do you get any benefits,

How much is the loan your looking for.

How will you pay it back and how much money do you get from your husband. I wouldn!!!8217;t say you would class the money from husband as income
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 17th Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    • 2,943 Posts
    • 2,290 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    Hello, looking to apply for a personal loan, however, I am a carer for my mum and this is my only involve as my husband has a well paid job. When applying do i include his money too on income? He gives me a set amount each week
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Babycham06
    Your husband isn't your employer so no, you can't put down the allowance he gives you as an income.

If you are a carer for your mum I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you're being paid Carer's Allowance? If so, at roughly 65 per week, your chances of getting a loan on your own salary are slim to none.

How much do you need and what is it for?

Have you asked your husband if he would be willing to apply for a loan as a joint applicant?

Given your husband has a well paying job, can you not just save for whatever it is instead?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • mambo69
    • By mambo69 17th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    mambo69
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    Can your husband not just increase the allowance he gives you so you can save for this need?
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 17th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 3,556 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:39 PM
    Ask your husband for the money, its beyond daft to pay interest on a loan and struggle if he has enough money that you don't need to. Seems like yet another situation like my neighbour where the husband has a ton of money, loads to spare and the wife is trying to get by on the pittance she has and struggles whilst he lives the life of Riley. Couldn't even begin to think of doing that to my wife. Time for a hard talk about marital finances.
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 17th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 11,534 Thanks
    dealer wins
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    Your husband isn't your employer so no, you can't put down the allowance he gives you as an income.

If you are a carer for your mum I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you're being paid Carer's Allowance? If so, at roughly 65 per week, your chances of getting a loan on your own salary are slim to none.

How much do you need and what is it for?

Have you asked your husband if he would be willing to apply for a loan as a joint applicant?

Given your husband has a well paying job, can you not just save for whatever it is instead?
    Originally posted by Candyapple
    That idea went out years ago!!
    Choose life
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

943Posts Today

6,888Users online

Martin's Twitter