Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexandrajj
    • By alexandrajj 17th Apr 18, 8:38 AM
    • 110Posts
    • 95Thanks
    alexandrajj
    PIP canít return forms in time.
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:38 AM
    PIP canít return forms in time. 17th Apr 18 at 8:38 AM
    Hello everyone,

Iíve received PIP forms for the transfer over from DLA. Iíve had real problems getting an appointment to get help to fill these forms in. In fact the return date for the forms is before my appointment date at a local advice centre.

Is it possible to get an extension to the return date? If I explain about the delay in getting help & advice, would that be enough for them to extend the return date?

What is the maximum amount of time they could extend the return date to? Iím thinking about giving the advice worker enough time to fill them in after the initial appointment.

What happens if I donít return the forms in time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • w06
    • By w06 17th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    w06
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    It seems to be relatively common to get a two week extension - you must ask though don't just assume it's ok to be two weeks late.

The alternatives are to try to do the forms yourself or to ask a friend to help.

Must admit I left opening the forms until the last possible day and then blitzed them in an evening, not to be recommended but it got the correct result.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    • 2,565 Posts
    • 2,544 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    If you ring DWP they will give you 14 days extension and they will write a note on the computer. You may find that they will still send you a reminder for the original date, that's because it will be an automated letter that's sent. It happened to me twice.

Usually when you get help to fill the forms in you'll be there when it's done. I've not heard of anyone have an appointment to tell the person helping all about their condition and the form being filled in at a later date.

You'll need to send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. If the forms don't arrive back by the extended date then your DLA will stop. Remember to allow time for them to arrive because all mail goes through a sorting process first before arriving at the correct department.
    • venison
    • By venison 17th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    venison
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    I would add that you probably need to return the form 8-10 days before they are due back, and of course get proof of posting, sending them registered doesn't seem to help
    Ex Board Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,707Posts Today

7,824Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin