Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 17th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    • 402Posts
    • 614Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    2006 Fiesta Stereo Upgrade?
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    2006 Fiesta Stereo Upgrade? 17th Apr 18 at 8:24 AM
    Hi all

Im shopping around for my first car and someone I know is selling an 06 Fiesta that I'm going to look out later and if it all checks out I will be buying. My only question is regarding whether or not I could upgrade the below? I wouldn't mind if it was CD's but it looks like cassette tapes only. Most cars I've seen its quite obvious you can just pop out the old unit and upgrade it but not sure with this? (Sorry if its a stupid/obvious question)

Thanks!

Page 1
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 17th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 6,955 Posts
    • 5,718 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    Its likely there was a cd option when the car was new. Try ebay. There is an Aux/cd button on it so there may be the option to connect a hidden multi disc cd unit which is controlled by this unit or there might possibly already be one.
    You will be able to replace this stereo with an aftermarket one with an additional faceplate.

Last edited by Norman Castle; 17-04-2018 at 8:37 AM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 17th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    • 402 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    Thanks will have a look around
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 17th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    I wouldn't mind if it was CD's but it looks like cassette tapes only.
    Originally posted by onedaysomeday
    Its likely there was a cd option when the car was new.

Originally posted by Norman Castle
    Sorry, I can't see the first image but I bought my 06 Fiesta 1.25 Style new and it came with the unit that Norman posted (and it's still fitted). I wasn't aware it was an option - I thought tape players were long gone by then.
    • onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 17th Apr 18, 11:31 AM
    • 402 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:31 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:31 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure why the first image won't show now - I was surprised to see an 06 plate with a tape player! Seems easy enough to sort out though just fingers crossed the rest of the car is all good
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

942Posts Today

7,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin