Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marlie Marlie
    • By Marlie Marlie 17th Apr 18, 7:18 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Marlie Marlie
    New Kitchen Hunt
    • 17th Apr 18, 7:18 AM
    New Kitchen Hunt 17th Apr 18 at 7:18 AM
    Hi all

We are in the process of scoping a whole new kitchen for or extension.

I have read many posts on this forum and the Misus has decided on a white gloss modern kitchen.

Our builder is recommending benchmarx as he can get us trade discounts.

I have read many good reviews of Schiller.

Is there any other good brands worth considering? I hear the German kitchens are the go to kitchens but have been recommended to steer clear of intoto and also kitchens.

Any help appreciated. This is quit e a big kitchen build so want to get the best for my bucks.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 17th Apr 18, 11:03 AM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:03 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:03 AM
    Do a search on the forum for DIY Kitchens. Lots of people have used them including me.
    • cosygoals
    • By cosygoals 17th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cosygoals
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    All our research led us to DIY Kitchens. Hasn't arrived yet but ordering was a breeze thanks to their detailed website. More choice than many other companies out there. Can't wait for it to arrive!
    Slimming world member since Jan 2018 - lost 8lbs so far!
    On First Time House Buying mission
    • cddc
    • By cddc 17th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 1,134 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    cddc
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    Benchmarx are perfectly fine. As are DIY for that matter. Both will be decent quality and last as long as you would reasonably want them to. Schuller would be slightly better but probably more money and it would be for you to decide if the nice design touches you get on a German kitchen are worth the extra expense.
    • Marlie Marlie
    • By Marlie Marlie 19th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Marlie Marlie
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    What is DIY like compared to the German kitchens?

Little worried that I would have to design myself and measure up on such a big project.
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 19th Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:21 PM
    What is DIY like compared to the German kitchens?

Little worried that I would have to design myself and measure up on such a big project.
    Originally posted by Marlie Marlie
    German kitchens are over-rated.

Yes, it will be difficult and a lot of work if you haven't designed a kitchen before and especially as it is a new extension. But even if you go to Howdens etc and use one of their designers, they might not be any good.

It depends how much time you have to design the kitchen. You can ring DIY Kitchens for help and you can send your plan to them for comments.

There is lots of free information online and you could always ask for suggestions on here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,999Posts Today

6,039Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin