Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrewflash
    • By andrewflash 17th Apr 18, 2:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    andrewflash
    moto services at lymn manchester overstay
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:38 AM
    moto services at lymn manchester overstay 17th Apr 18 at 2:38 AM
    Hi I'm a bit lost in this forum business. Trying my best but keep reading different things...help lol. Anyways,
    I overstayed in moto services at lymm. Received the letter in post. I read somewhere to ignore so I did. As I did with the other two letters after that.
    Then DRP sent out two letters and now on the third letter which is final settlement offer to avoid court action. This has worried me as I thought if I ignored they would eventually just give up.
    What should I do?
    do I write a letter now not admitting I was driving but am the keeper.
    or do I just sit tight and see if it goes to court.

What could potential court costs be to me if went that far?
    do letters come from a solicitors next?
    I feel I have a defence as they say there were clear signage stating times however this was middle of the night and I did not see that (so surely wasn't clearly marked or a bulb out on the sign or something as I'm sure I would have see something like that).
    I only have until the 19th of this month as ive ignored everything.
    any fast urgent help would be grateful.
    thanks
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 17th Apr 18, 3:35 AM
    • 10,448 Posts
    • 9,732 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:35 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:35 AM
    All this and more is in the NEWBIES thread at the head of this forum. It contains this

Q - ''I am getting debt collector letters! They're really scary, the 'fine' has gone up, what do I do?''

A - NOTHING! Unless this is the VERY FIRST letter (England/Wales) in which case, appeal as if it was the 'Notice to Keeper'. DO NOT RING THE DEBT COLLECTOR - DON'T TAKE THE BAIT! See post #4 below, please NO NEW THREADS RE 'IGNORING THE DEBT COLLECTORS' STAGE.

Read the rest there before asking other questions.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Apr 18, 8:29 AM
    • 36,622 Posts
    • 82,943 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:29 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:29 AM
    You need to edit your post to remove information about who overstayed and who didn't see the signs. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

What happened when you complained to the Service Station manager?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,606Posts Today

9,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin