Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • immy
    • By immy 17th Apr 18, 1:39 AM
    • 214Posts
    • 35Thanks
    immy
    kitchen design help
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:39 AM
    kitchen design help 17th Apr 18 at 1:39 AM
    Anyone good with 3d kitchen planners?

I'm trying to do a design for my parents kitchen (5.5m x 3m) but struggling to work with the various planner software around online.

Visited wren and its just a massive pressure sale without a clear design. Some basic design issues evident on their plan and alot of smoke and mirrors. All seems very rushed.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 17th Apr 18, 1:45 AM
    • 7,582 Posts
    • 6,601 Thanks
    bris
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:45 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:45 AM
    B&Q or trade-Point do a 3D design planner, its pretty good once you practice with it for a bit.
    https://www.diy.com/diy/spaces
    • cddc
    • By cddc 17th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 1,134 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    cddc
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    Anyone else but Wren will give you time and a proper design appointment. Don't be put off competitors because of the way Wren dealt with you. They are the timeshare salesmen of kitchens.

The others will try to sell you their plan of course as it their job, but you will find the experience much more pleasant anywhere else. Try Wickes, Magnet or a local independent.
    • ic
    • By ic 17th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 1,325 Thanks
    ic
    • 17th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    I found the ikea planner good.
    * my posts are made in good faith and only represent my own opinion, experience or understanding of a situation.
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 17th Apr 18, 7:51 PM
    • 6,150 Posts
    • 4,456 Thanks
    vansboy
    • 17th Apr 18, 7:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 7:51 PM
    Ikea planner, as it will also price the project, individual item, bit by bit, without any clever discounts or 'special' offers.

You also can visit the store for their kitchen team to HELP you (not pressure you).

Interest free credit it the added benefit, too.

VB
    • sunnysidehi
    • By sunnysidehi 25th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sunnysidehi
    • 25th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    • 25th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    Hi immy,

IKEA kitchen design and plan service is great, you can even request a planner to visit your home for the price of 40.
    Or if you're confident you can measure the walls yourself, instore help is great. No pressure assistance.
    5 years guarantee for apliances and up to 3 year interest free loan on kitchen and the installation cost.
    Best value for money on the market, great quality products, modern and versatile design.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,694Posts Today

7,878Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin