Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 39
    • greenface
    • By greenface 13th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    • 4,701 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    greenface
    I was planning to buy windows in Poland as a lot of people recommended that. For those windows (triple glazed, both sides golden oak, warm frame, 6 chambers and tilt and turn)

Window 1 1200 mm x 900 mm
    Window 2 1890 mm x 1200 mm
    Window 3 1230 mm x 1200 mm
    Window 4 1210 mm x 1200 mm
    Window 5 2380 mm x 1400 mm fixed
    Window 6 890 mm x 680 mm

I received quote around 1400-1600. But I read that it is not good idea to buy in Poland and import here anymore. So I got the quote from Everest. Well, their initial offer 18k, and discounted to 9k. Aside from the fact that the man who came to do a quote did it for double glazing against my wishes for triple glazing. Kept asking why I want double side golden oak, why tilt and turn etc, etc. Then I asked him how much cost the windows without installation. He said it is impossible. He tried all the tricks; finance, showing me a sample - that actually made me laugh. It looked cheap, despite his assurance that it is the best window in the market. When I asked him about the size of reinforcement he said he doesn't remember. When I asked about the name of the profile, he went blank saying that it is just a frame and has no name. Also, he claimed that his company does 5 chambers and this is the most in the UK.

I had never met before such unprofessional service. I wonder who buys windows from scammers like them? I asked about the technical specification of the windows. I got summary page without ANY concrete information there ZERO specification.

I will order directly from a manufacturer. Do you know any good/reliable window manufacturer in Scotland?
    Originally posted by magiks87
    He would sell his granny for the commission . why do they say its no a good idea to import . If the company is decent and youre not being scammed eastern Europe could be a good way of getting quality windows for a fraction of the price . (ive never even thought about it ) It could be done thought . you seem to know the way and ins & out of what you want . I'm unsure of the spec and how many chambers are in the frames ive been fitting for the past decade if I'm honest , I know sterling in warrington do golden oak warm frame 32mm triple glazed 70mm T&T . That quote above is seriously low for your spec but give them a message . Probs direct it straight to andy wells the boss . I'm unsure about the delivery by them but they or you could work out a courier service or a day out in a long based tranny van . good luck and keep us up dated
    hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,137Posts Today

7,869Users online

Martin's Twitter