Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobby2018
    • By Bobby2018 16th Apr 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bobby2018
    Used car advice
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:34 PM
    Used car advice 16th Apr 18 at 7:34 PM
    I am looking for a reliable, decent to drive and ideally with an mpg of around 40 or more 2016-2017 petrol automatic to have for the next 3-5 years. My budget is about 15000.

I am not interested in the way it looks very much, but I do care about reliability, decent comfort inside and to be nice enough to drive especially around town where I do most of my driving.

This is what I managed to understand so far... please excuse any mistakes, I am new to cars.

Toyota Auris 1.8 Hybrid - reliable, good mpg but a lot of people have complained about it being uncomfortable or boring to drive..not sure what boring means in this context.. and also noisy at motorway speeds.
    Ford Focus 1.5 - good to drive but poor mpg, just about 30 so probably I'll have to skip it.
    Seat Leon 1.4 - good to drive, 40ish mpg, not sure how reliable is it?

I have shortlisted 3 cars. Could you offer your advice as to whether which one you think is better please?

SEAT Leon 5 Door 1.4 Eco TSI FR Technology 150 PS DSG 5dr 2017

Toyota Auris 1.8 VVT-i HSD Excel CVT 5dr 2016

Ford Focus Hatchback 1.5 EcoBoost Titanium 5dr Auto 2017

Thank you
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Apr 18, 3:38 AM
    • 27,564 Posts
    • 11,160 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:38 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:38 AM
    New to cars and your looking at a 1.8 Auris?

Ford Transit, you can get a mattress or sofa in the back. there is comfort for you.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 17th Apr 18, 6:35 AM
    • 552 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    angrycrow
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:35 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:35 AM
    Not seeing an pattern to the cars selected. Totally different performance on each. 0 to 60 7.9 on the Leon, mid tens on the auric and pedestrian slow on the focus.

Only car on that list to even consider is the Leon. Given the FR is the performance model have you considered insurance costs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,985Posts Today

8,687Users online

Martin's Twitter