Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 16th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    • 155Posts
    • 45Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Apprenticeships for older people?
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    Apprenticeships for older people? 16th Apr 18 at 7:03 PM
    So I was wondering at 28 whether it is possible to apply for these apprenticeships? Many of the jobs I see and like the idea of all seem to be apprenticeships or for people with experience. How are you supposed to get experience when no jobs take you on without experience especially in the HR / Property / Finance industries.

Advice appreciated
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 16th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 1,472 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    There is no upper age limit. I'm 36 and I am doing an apprenticeship. If I can do it so can you.

You may have better luck if they're available going for some council ones as it makes them look good and all-inclusive and all that.

Remember to claim Working Tax Credits or the UC equivalent if you get in on one; pay on Modern Apprenticeships is peanuts BUT more than you get on JSA.
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 17th Apr 18, 6:47 AM
    • 1,523 Posts
    • 1,505 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:47 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:47 AM
    Its possible but not easy, wanting experience but not giving is how its always been. Means you have to be creative in getting your foot in, like getting an admin job and (after proving yourself) assisting the finance department with something minor and going from there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,197Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter