Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peachsun
    • By peachsun 16th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    peachsun
    NCP POPLA draft
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    NCP POPLA draft 16th Apr 18 at 6:18 PM
    Hi All,

Have been following this forum since driver received windscreen ticket from NCP. After reading newbies I appealed as keeper using the one size fits all response - NCP rejected this and sent me a POPLA code. I have not received a NTK and it has been over 56 days so am preparing my appeal on the basis that no NTK was served so no keeper liability. I was also going to mention the signage too but don't have any photos, only the one NCP provided which was pretty crappy anyway (guess that's a good thing?). I wondered if anybody could advise on any other grounds I should appeal on?

The driver parked in a bay slightly outside the lines btw, and had paid for a ticket too :/

Sorry if these questions sound dumb but if there's one thing I've learnt from this forum it's the importance of nuance! Lol.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by peachsun; 16-04-2018 at 7:32 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 18, 6:23 PM
    • 35,108 Posts
    • 19,187 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:23 PM
    You say you don't want to admit who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving - the ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

You obviously have to give your details when appealing - otherwise it would be an anonymous communication!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Apr 18, 6:23 PM
    • 17,771 Posts
    • 22,396 Thanks
    Redx
    edit the above

what happened on the day happened to THE DRIVER

anything since that day happened to the KEEPER

hint - these nosey parkers read public forums

use the usual appeal points from post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread , especially landowner authority and signage (regardless) , as well as POFA2012 , no keeper liability , not transferred liability from driver to keeper etc

also any BPA CoP failures , POFA2012 failures

if they contest this at popla, you will receive their evidence pack to rebut, so any signage pics etc will be in that pack

so put them to strict proof , if you dont mention it , it wont be considered
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • peachsun
    • By peachsun 16th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peachsun
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    Thank you both - hard to post without putting specifics!

Am working on my draft now but will post it after. Will check the wording v closely!!
    • peachsun
    • By peachsun 16th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    peachsun
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    My draft is the same as Zimms titled 'UKPC Popla Appeal Help'

The only difference is the signage template has since been made a bit longer I think (seeing as this appeal was back in 2016). It is necessary for me to personalise the template a bit by putting in a few dates in reference to the NTK being late by now etc.? So far I haven't found any part of the templates that I think I should change. Also should I bother with posting their illegible close up pic of the signage or just leave that out all together?

Thank you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Apr 18, 12:25 AM
    • 56,098 Posts
    • 69,762 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:25 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:25 AM
    It is necessary for me to personalise the template a bit by putting in a few dates in reference to the NTK being late by now etc.?
    Yes, spell out to the POPLA Assessor, if you have got past day 56 with no NTK!

Also should I bother with posting their illegible close up pic of the signage
    I would! I mean embed it into the word document that you will be uploading online to POPLA (one document, not several uploads).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    • 9,023 Posts
    • 8,681 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,254Posts Today

3,934Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin