Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MysteryMan
    • By MysteryMan 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 13Thanks
    MysteryMan
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views?
    • 26th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    HSL Smart Market System - Any Views? 26th Oct 17 at 2:17 PM
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but, here goes.....

Has anybody got any experience/views of the HSL Smart Market System? It is a set of software tools for trading shares on stock market.

Any views would be appreciated and, in particular, if anyone has any idea of how much the system costs to buy into and what is the minimum sort of investments you need to make it worthwhile.

Yes, I could call them, but, would be helpful to know this without having a hard-sell salesman on the other end of phone!

Last edited by MysteryMan; 26-10-2017 at 2:19 PM.
Page 7
    • BigScot
    • By BigScot 10th May 18, 5:53 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BigScot
    Looks like I am another mug thats been caught out Any help would be grateful
    • Khayrul
    • By Khayrul 11th May 18, 2:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Khayrul
    Any new developments regarding this scam. i have requested for FB group and waiting to be approved. all the victims please join. apology for long absence
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 12th May 18, 9:24 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    They got us too, Facebook link please. Only realised theyd gone yesterday when the stock download site went to a Go Daddy holding page.
    • Turbo100
    • By Turbo100 12th May 18, 12:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Turbo100
    Yes - the value-stock site has now gone down as well as the smart-centre site, so even if you want to continue to use the HSL software (if you wish to continue to be foolish), you cannot
    • rob505
    • By rob505 12th May 18, 9:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rob505
    Fellow sucker here...please can I have the FB link sent to me please. Will also be contacting Action Fraud about this.
    • Owena1
    • By Owena1 12th May 18, 11:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Owena1
    Hsl scam
    Hey. Im the admin of the Facebook Group. Please can you tell me about your situation and then I'll gladly invite you to the group.
    Regards
    Adam
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 14th May 18, 1:31 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    Hi Adam,

Your pm box is showing full and won't let me sending a pm to it.
    This is my info:
    I bought into HSL last August with a colleague who had received the pack in the post out of the blue. He's a business owner so we assumed that's how they got his details. I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit. We dealt with a woman at first and then Austin on many occasions, he was friendly and knowledgable so still no alarm bells rang.
    We bought the two years worth of downloads from Value-stock and have done the daily downloads since then. We opened an XO account for the shares (hope they're legit!) and have been trading with 2000 between us. We're about 300 down overall.
    Last Friday when I tried to download the end of day shares I got a Go Daddy holding page and then started to google what was going on and ended up here! We had paid out 5000 for the software and I think 650 for the value-stock downloads. Any advice on what we need to do / who to report this to will be much appreciated.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 14th May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Hi Adam,

Your pm box is showing full and won't let me sending a pm to it.
    This is my info:
    I bought into HSL last August with a colleague who had received the pack in the post out of the blue. He's a business owner so we assumed that's how they got his details. I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit. We dealt with a woman at first and then Austin on many occasions, he was friendly and knowledgable so still no alarm bells rang.
    We bought the two years worth of downloads from Value-stock and have done the daily downloads since then. We opened an XO account for the shares (hope they're legit!) and have been trading with 2000 between us. We're about 300 down overall.
    Last Friday when I tried to download the end of day shares I got a Go Daddy holding page and then started to google what was going on and ended up here! We had paid out 5000 for the software and I think 650 for the value-stock downloads. Any advice on what we need to do / who to report this to will be much appreciated.
    Originally posted by lynnrudd
    most important thing is how you paid? Did you use a credit card for any part of the transaction??
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 4,648 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    Malthusian
    If by XO you mean x-o.co.uk then they are a legitimate site.

You will however need to write off the 300 you have lost on short-term trading. You can't do credit card chargebacks when you lose money on the stockmarket.

I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit.

What gave you that idea? web.archive.org shows that HSL didn't exist before 2017.
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 14th May 18, 4:17 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    I found some old forum chats where they were listed from about 12 years ago.
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 14th May 18, 4:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    most important thing is how you paid? Did you use a credit card for any part of the transaction??
    Originally posted by clubconsoles
    Paid by bank transfer so I suspect it's long gone now.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 14th May 18, 5:01 PM
    • 4,648 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I found some old forum chats where they were listed from about 12 years ago.
    They were fake.

If you'd used Google to search the fake forum for other posts by the people in that thread, you'd've noticed that none of them had made a single other post. If you'd picked another random (non HSL-related) thread from that forum and Googled a random excerpt, you'd've noticed that all the content had been stolen from a more well-known forum, often this one.

The successor scam RVS Closing Price System uses the same fake forum tactic.
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 14th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    The value stock site is back up today, no stocks loaded since the 10th May though.
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 14th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    Paid by bank transfer so I suspect it's long gone now.
    OK so you now need to join the facebook group. 33 people are in the same position as you and there is something afoot, but you need to pm "Owena1" whom is the admin of the group first as it is a closed group where we can be more open about things than on here!!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 14th May 18, 5:11 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    RVS Closing Price System
    The value stock site is back up today, no stocks loaded since the 10th May though.
    hmmm, interesting!
    They probably need that site up so they can continue ripping people off on the RVS Closing Price System Scam!!
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 14th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    OK so you now need to join the facebook group. 33 people are in the same position as you and there is something afoot, but you need to pm "Owena1" whom is the admin of the group first as it is a closed group where we can be more open about things than on here!!
    I tried but the pm box is full so it wouldn't post!
    • clubconsoles
    • By clubconsoles 15th May 18, 8:23 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    clubconsoles
    FB group
    I am in the closed group. I will message him tonight so you will get an invite to join hopefully!!
    • lynnrudd
    • By lynnrudd 15th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lynnrudd
    I am in the closed group. I will message him tonight so you will get an invite to join hopefully!!
    Thank you!
    • watti1962
    • By watti1962 15th May 18, 10:20 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    watti1962
    me to
    Hi guys,
    Yes you can add me to your list of individuals that have been had by the infamous HSL team.
    Joined last August but unfortunately paid by bank transfer from my debit card. Should have guessed something was up as first transfer was refused by the bank. Ethan Bailey then gave me another account to which the funds should be paid as they were having trouble with Santander and another bank.
    Yes I paid the sum of 4995 plus the 799 for the data required to run the system you know the score by now reading all the other posts..
    All contact lost mid April, email for value stock now a go daddy web page no phone numbers exist as you are all aware.
    Have reported it to Action Fraud last night
    Be much appreciated if you could take me on board to see if we can catch these guys.
    • watti1962
    • By watti1962 15th May 18, 10:23 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    watti1962
    Have posted on page same story as the rest of the unfortunate people that have been scammed.
    Count me in on any action that is being prepared
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

646Posts Today

5,025Users online

Martin's Twitter