Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shahzad806
    • By Shahzad806 16th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Shahzad806
    Recived a final notice from euro parking services b1 6hn
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    Recived a final notice from euro parking services b1 6hn 16th Apr 18 at 2:55 PM
    Dear sir/madam
    I received a final notice from euro parking services today demanding 100 for unpaid pcn fyom 1st of September 2007 . They haven't given me an opportunity to apeal because according to them they sent me a previous letter but this is the first letter I recived from them .
    Please advice me .
    Thank you very much
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 16th Apr 18, 2:57 PM
    • 8,791 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:57 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:57 PM
    Start by having a good careful read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum - This will inform you properly about private parking and lay-out your options from now-on.

2007 is pre-POFA and beyond the time for any meaningful legal action, so on the face of it they are chancers but you need to give us clearer info to be certain.
    Last edited by pogofish; 16-04-2018 at 3:00 PM.
    • Shahzad806
    • By Shahzad806 16th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Shahzad806
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    sorry I missed typed the pcn is dated September 2017 not 2007
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 16th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 8,791 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    OK - You still need to get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky to see how to handle things now.
    • Shahzad806
    • By Shahzad806 16th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Shahzad806
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    Hi thanks I have read the newbie scetion .
    I am trying to post the URL link to the pictures of the pcn but it's not allowing me as I am a new user but I have managed to send you a message . Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    • 18,902 Posts
    • 23,887 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    send ecp the template letter from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum (in post #1)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Apr 18, 5:31 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:31 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 5:31 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 18, 8:40 PM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,251 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:40 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:40 PM
    euro parking services
    They are an IPC firm and you are likely to need to defend a small claim from Gladstones this year.

Search the forum for Gladstones Euro Parking Services claim and see what to do if and when you get a 'Letter Before Claim' or a court claim. You will need to keep this thread updated regularly and get our help, do not ignore it if Gladstones start a court claim.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

8,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin