Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Sueevans
    • By Sueevans 16th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Regulatory Services Objecting to my extension
    • #1
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    Regulatory Services Objecting to my extension 16th Apr 18 at 12:59 PM
    Hello - looking for some guidance

    I am having difficulty getting planning permission. Have been back to my architect and amended plans to suit the conservation officer but now the the Regulatory Services are objecting on flooding grounds without any suggestions. Will this mean a refusal?

    Many thanks
Page 1
  • archived user
    • #2
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    • #2
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:23 PM
    Your Architect should be advising on these matters, there's nothing more you will learn on a forum where no one knows the details of your proposals or the detail of the objections that have been raised by the conservation officer and now another consultee.
    The unknown background to your specific planning application is the key thing here and the Architect is best placed (and presumably being paid) to address these queries
    • teneighty
    • By teneighty 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    • #3
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • #3
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    If the property is in a flood zone you usually have to provide a flood risk assessment. This is to mitigate the effects of flooding on the property and/or the property adding to the potential flood risk.

    It would be very unusual for a householder planning application to be refused planning permission unless it is a severe flood risk with no way to reduce the risk.
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 16th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    • 7,102 Posts
    • 9,329 Thanks
    • #4
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    • #4
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:44 PM
    Your architect is the best person to ask.

    Depending on the nature of the extension, it may be that relatively simple fixes like changing the flooring, moving electrical points higher et may be enough.

    On the other hand, if the concern is that the extension means that there is less space / ground for drainage then it may be more difficult.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,263Posts Today

9,424Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

  • Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v?

  • If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi?

  • Follow Martin