Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pip2018
    • By pip2018 16th Apr 18, 11:57 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pip2018
    Parking fine given to car (suspected fire) in a no park area
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:57 AM
    Parking fine given to car (suspected fire) in a no park area 16th Apr 18 at 11:57 AM
    Hello forum wizzes
    Need some urgent advise someone well versed in the area of PCNs.
    On a busy Saturday on a main high street with standstill traffic queue started bellowing out smoke into the car, out of the engine with a toxic smell. People came to aid and told us get out as your car could catch fire so we quickly mounted a high street curb. The car engine was opened carefully whilst passengers fled the car. immediately car recovery was called as it was evening the phones were exceptionally busy and we were told a people to call police as you need immediate assistance as the car could catch fire. Police then sent an fire brigade who arrive within 20 minutes. They couldnt assess why the car kept smoking profusely and decided they had to immediately disconnect the battery to avoid a fire. The car was disabled and RAC advised they would pick the vehicle in next morning. 30 minutes prior to picked up by roadside recovery a pcn was served for parking in a no parking footway. The garage advised to challenge pcn as the car was stopped due to suspected fire. We did challenge and then council refused on grounds car not allowed to park on footway even when broken down! We are now about to submit 'grounds for representation' under mitigating circumstances.
    Can anyone advise what is best way to deal with as not only was horrendous experience for me and my young child but this car could of caught fire hence the fire brigade disabled the battery there and then. Police incidence reference was also provided. Help from anyone is so welcomed. A rather perturbed driver... Pip x
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 36,852 Posts
    • 20,992 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    You need to take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking invoices rather than proper council tickets
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,250 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    Register (no HOTMAIL emails!) and post a picture of the PCN (both sides!) here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

They are the Council PCN experts. Almost every case is winnable and they will tell you either way.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 16th Apr 18, 3:57 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 3,844 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:57 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:57 PM
    You will also need to show them any photos you have

You WILL win this.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 16th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4,221 Posts
    • 5,972 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 16th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    With council tickets, the first appeal is usually turned down.
    Keep any dictation/evidence etc that the vehicle was disabled as a result of a suspected fire, and you will have no trouble getting this overturned.
    Also with the recent parking ticket for turning right media story, a driver fined for vehicle catching fire, with fire brigade in attendance and appeal turned down by council could possibly be of media attention.
    plus it may help your case
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,608Posts Today

9,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin