Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • randomhedgehog
    • By randomhedgehog 16th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    randomhedgehog
    0 WOW
    KLM/Air France baggage theft
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    0 WOW
    KLM/Air France baggage theft 16th Apr 18 at 11:11 AM
    Has anyone had any experience of loosing items out of hold baggage flying with KLM? I recently flew KLM from Birmingham to Osaka via Schipol. Both my partner's bag and mine were damaged in transit - my partner's bag had a wheel knocked off, and mine had the TSA approved padlock removed by breaking the zip loops it locked through. The bag was part unzipped when it appeared on the carousel in KIX, but fortunately the Velcro tab kept the contents from spilling out. We were on a tight timescale so only reported the lost wheel. I didn't notice anything missing till 5 days later when I needed my sunglasses. No sign of them so I assumed I'd forgotten to pack them. On return home, the sunnies were nowhere to be found, so I reported it to KLM, only to be told under the Montreal Convention, I should have told them within 7 days of the flight for any claim to be considered. They wont budge.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    • 11,591 Posts
    • 7,569 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    Have you checked whether your travel insurance will cover you without a police report of the theft? (could they have fallen out of the damaged case?)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

1,543Users online

Martin's Twitter