Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grezz24
    • By Grezz24 16th Apr 18, 9:51 AM
    • 191Posts
    • 238Thanks
    Grezz24
    TalkTalk Hard Search
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:51 AM
    TalkTalk Hard Search 16th Apr 18 at 9:51 AM
    Hi All,

recently placed an order for a fibre broadband deal with talktalk, went through the normal hard credit search and all fine.

Long story short they say they cannot provide the fibre in my area (even though the cabinet and exchange are FTTP enabled but hey ho) so ive cancelled my order.

However there is still a hard search on my file. I am looking to apply for a mortgage towards the end of the year so they will see this hard search (but no account as ive cancelled).

What are my options of getting this removed, my concern is they will see the hard search and may think it was rejected due to me cancelling the order, and that it could affect my credit worthiness.
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 16th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 1,568 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    One heard search won't affect you.

You can ask TalkTalk to remove it - though they will then be removing factual information based on an event that took place
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,992Posts Today

6,380Users online

Martin's Twitter