Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamJ35
    • By SamJ35 16th Apr 18, 9:47 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 14Thanks
    SamJ35
    Chest guard/protector for football
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:47 AM
    Chest guard/protector for football 16th Apr 18 at 9:47 AM
    Odd request - I'm looking for a chest protector or something similar that I can wear under a shirt when playing football. I had heart surgery in 2012 and whilst all looking good, I have metal wires in my chest. I've had a few occasions where an impact to my chest has been painful - what feels like the ends of the wire impacting inside of the skin

Safe to say, I'm not overly keen on a football or a flailing elbow impacting my chest without some sort of protection - so looking for some solutions. I haven't played for a while but desperate to get back into it!

Only things I can find really are US baseball undershirts with sternum protection (little pricey ($50/$80) + shipping from US + potential customs), or overly heavy paintballing/American Football gear! Need something lightweight but provides enough protection and, as per, is as "money saving" as possible. Anything like this in the UK?
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    • 34,009 Posts
    • 28,907 Thanks
    custardy
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Chest-Protector-Body-Armour-Protection-Paintball-Airsoft-Padded-Vest-/262937428107
    • theoretica
    • By theoretica 16th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    • 5,332 Posts
    • 6,645 Thanks
    theoretica
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:18 AM
    Try martial arts stuff for chest guards. Or some rugby shirts have sternum protection, if it is large enough.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
    • silverwhistle
    • By silverwhistle 16th Apr 18, 10:54 PM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 2,866 Thanks
    silverwhistle
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:54 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:54 PM
    I find when I play football that a good sports bra helps avoid chest pains as does the adrenaline in a match situation! It's often a case of "when did I get that knock?".. Joking aside, are your pains localised, in which case I was thinking you could tape on padded dressings in the appropriate places?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,197Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter