Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chrisinnes
    • By chrisinnes 16th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    chrisinnes
    I behave well but my credit scores are poor
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    I behave well but my credit scores are poor 16th Apr 18 at 8:57 AM
    Experian (credit club) credit score 654 (poor)
    Cleascore score 302
    Noddle score 2/5

I feel as though I know a fair bit about credit files etc. After all, in just over a decade I have gone from being chased for debt, to owning my own home. I achieved this by learning a lot about credit, and being really well behaved.

6/8 green smiley faces on credit club (8 things you need to know...)
    2 yellow faces (not smiles or frowns), which are credit utilisation (maxed out CCs - but always paid on time) / and account stability - average account under six years.

I have had a mortgage for three years - always paid on time. i have paid a couple off loans early in the past.i have ben on the voter's register for years at my various addresses (three addresses in past six years).

I know that credit scores are less important than credit reports, but surely they are also a function, or general assessment, of credit reports. If so, they give a basic overview?

I would understand fair or good (as opposed to poor) ratings,
    Last edited by chrisinnes; 16-04-2018 at 8:59 AM.
Page 2
    • takman
    • By takman 17th Apr 18, 6:07 PM
    • 3,387 Posts
    • 2,987 Thanks
    takman
    i generally get 0% CCs when I need them, but another result (I think) of my low score is that that I have a 5% chance of getting decent CCs according to the MSE eligibility checker in credit club. RIght now I have an average income and a few outgoings showing on my credit file but 5% seems a bit drastic.
    Originally posted by chrisinnes
    As you are able to get 0% credit cards then your credit history can't be that poor. Just continue to check your credit reports at the three main agencies and make sure all the information is correct.
    I know you aim to be debt free (apart from a mortgage) but it's probably a good idea to keep spending on a card and paying it in full month to keep generating a good credit history..

Also asking why you score is low is like asking why a person standing on the side of the road is telling you that your are speeding (credit score) but a policeman with a gun said that you were fine (ability to get 0% cards). If you keep asking the reason why the random person is saying your speeding and asking for their reasoning but ignoring the fact the policeman said you were fine you have to expect abrupt replies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,785Posts Today

9,096Users online

Martin's Twitter