Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SavvySpaniel
    • By SavvySpaniel 16th Apr 18, 7:08 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 20Thanks
    SavvySpaniel
    0 WOW
    EuroWings schedule change - flight now one day later
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:08 AM
    0 WOW
    EuroWings schedule change - flight now one day later 16th Apr 18 at 7:08 AM
    Hi there,
    I hope someone will be able to help me with some advice before I contact EuroWings directly.

I booked a flight back in October and have just received an email from them this morning that the flight schedule has been changed and the flight is now due to depart on the following day to my original booking.

This means I will now need to make an accommodation booking in my departure city for the extra night.

I have looked on their website on their "Conditions Of Carriage" page and have found information relating to schedule changes which indicates that if the new flight is not acceptable to me, I am entitled to a refund - however I still want the flight but am now having to pay extra for accommodation prior to it!

The also have a section on delayed flights which indicates:
    9.2.2 If your flight is cancelled, the departure time is delayed by at least two hours or we fail to carry you despite your will to be carried, you have the right in certain circumstances to compensation and supplementary services. Your rights in this case, in particular the exact conditions and the type and extent of services are determined by the Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and European Council dated 11.02.2004. Written information about this can be obtained at the check-in desk or at the gate.

So my question is: as my flight has been "rescheduled" rather than "delayed" do you think I would be able to claim compensation for the additional night's accommodation?

Advice would be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 16th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,670 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    My understanding is that no compensation is due.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 11,439 Posts
    • 7,489 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    are you due to travel in the next 14 days?
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 16th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 1,810 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    You will only be entitled to coooensation under EU 261/2014 if your flight is in the next 14 days.

If you donít like the new flights you can ask for a full refund. Have you looked at other options - would you be able to book on another airline for the original dates etc?

Where are you flying from and to? Eurowings offer connecting flights so they may be able to offer you a flight on your original date... albeit connecting somewhere on the way.

I donít think they have to offer you the cost of the hotel in your departure point. However you could ask for it - you never know they might as a one off good will gesture (unlikely but you can always ask!)
    • Smith2001uk
    • By Smith2001uk 30th Aug 18, 3:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Smith2001uk
    • 30th Aug 18, 3:19 PM
    • 30th Aug 18, 3:19 PM
    What did you do in the end. I was on the exact flight as you I suspect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,577Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter