What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 16th April?

Comments

• allydowd wrote: »

* DW and I deep cleaned the bedroom. Yikes! :eek: White coloured bedroom mats were looking awful, even after a wash and so I turned them over and removed the stitched in label and it looks like a new pair of mats! £0 spent.

Try soaking them in the cheapo Whizz oxy vanish stuff. it gets my nets quite good.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 5:18PM
    Try soaking them in the cheapo Whizz oxy vanish stuff. it gets my nets quite good.

Thanks, we're trying that with the bathroom mat. Failing that it is getting bleached. It was only 75p in Ikea so if the bleach kills it we can afford another. It is nearly 10 years old.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 5:28PM

* Washed sitting room curtains in machine. I wasn't sure how they'd fare as we bought them secondhand and they'd never been washed :o. They've come up lovely. We've just hung them back up and left the window open for the sea breeze to dry them.

* DW and I Spring Cleaned the bathroom, sitting room and kitchen using mainly Stardrops and washable cloths.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Ok....

Get car ins renewal. Last year £396. This year £364.

Not bad methinks. But now I need to tell them about hubby getting 3 points for speeding.

Call car ins people. Tell them. Lady very nice. Goes through all details.. yep yep yep.

"ok", she says. "I've applied as much discount as I can and your renewal is £278.14".

I'm confused but happy :rotfl:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Monday peeps,
    Hope I have better luck with this post. Yesterday's post was gobbled up before my eyes & I just cba to type the whole thing out again. Today's efforts:
    *Rubber chicken. It did a roast yesterday, chicken salad with jackets tonight & I have also divvied up sufficient for stew, spicy pizza & either fajhitas or stir-fry. Big jug of stock made from carcass in slow cooker.
    *Cheap overnight laundry load plus 1x 30 min load at 30 deg & all dried beautifully for now't outside on the whirlygig.
    *Sowed scallopini, courgettes & guatemalan blue squash seeds.
    *Checked & watered all other baby veg plants.
    *Picked a bowl of lambs' lettuce.
    *Updated grocery budget & swapped some funds around to keep different pots straight.
    *Mixed up a sourdough loaf for baking tomorrow morning.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Sorted seedbox to plan next veggies for sowing. Still got the later stuff like beans & sweetcorn to do.
    *Free leisure listening to audiobook - a trilogy about a virus breaking out. Think I will defo order in parts 2 & 3. It's quite exciting & a bit different from my usual choices of reading material.
    Time to see how many questions we can get right on 'University Challenge'. I've eaten really healthily today so should be super-brainy.........haha.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all, I did all of my list yesterday so that was good. I also managed to get 4 loads of washing done and dried and half put away :T another load has done overnight so that will be pegged out shortly. Then I'll be up to date and all beds have been changed :T

My list today:

Check surveys - getting back in the swing of them:)
    Check banking, quiet time of the month nothing going on
    Check cc to see if refund processed
    Pork and chorizo in sc for parents tea
    Packed lunches for DH, dd and I. I'm having left over Black bean stew, may take a little pot of yogurt with me as it was rather spicy first time round and it tends to develop I seem to remember :rotfl:
    Try and go to gym tonight if back at a decent time, if not do a Home workout instead
    Update shopping spreadsheet
    Book holiday insurance and research parking at airport, will use c/b sites

Right off to see what I can get done before the house wakes up.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 11:17AM
    Morning Purps :D I have the day off whoop! :j I have things I really need to get done so I am just going to focus on those, in order of priority...
    [STRIKE]
    * do a load of washing & hang out[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* cook chicken breast for oh's lunch[/STRIKE] - ys wrap with salad ;)
    * plant seeds - my cumbers and 1 tomato seedling have germinated :T
    [STRIKE]* go through finances & straighten out accounts[/STRIKE]
    * flylady
    * go to the allotment for a couple of hours :j
    * make a list of items needed to make a dress form
    * L will be whatever needs using up
    * D is salmon from when I bought a whole salmon and filleted it :money:
    [STRIKE]* hunt in madam's room for her pe top :o[/STRIKE] found it :D

Ok that's all for now. Going to finish my coffee then get madam ready for school :D Happy days guys
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning Frugalistas,
    A 'short' day for me today, as need to go out early evening for a meeting. Today's plans:
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water - done.
    *Bake sourdough loaf I mixed up yesterday (currently in oven).
    *Phone plumber again.....not money saving in some ways but it is longer term as this damned leak is damaging our work surface & I can't get at it to try & do a temporary fix.
    *Pot up more seedlings (all free seeds) & sprinkle some free packets of annuals around my borders for a bit more colour.
    *Clear & dig over bed intended for climbing beans.
    *Continue sewing in ends on my little blanket squares before crocheting them together - thrift project using stash.
    *Tomorrow's packed lunch is leftovers from freezer.
    *De-clutter cat cupboard.
    *Pack charity bag.
    *Update my DFW diary if time.
    *Cooking a new recipe tonight.....see if I can stretch ingredients to 4 portions so as to freeze a couple.
    Ok, bread smelling good, must go & take it out & crack on.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 April 2018 at 5:05PM
    Morning!

I have been very "activated" by someone at work already which doesn't bode well for today. They are being a pain.

I also broke the mini bowl on my food processor last night by doing a Very Stupid Thing. :o *cough* knife *cough* moving parts *cough*

Yesterday's round up:

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores - managed to avoid spendyness by knocking up some tuna pasta this morning. - bought dinner but did some meal prep.
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Check garden - done
    • No alcohol - done
    • Heating off - I have been needing to take the edge off the coolness in the evenings but should be ok now.
    • Ring car insurance people to tell them of hubby's naughtiness - done. Excellent news on price.
    • Put weird piece of fabric (possibly property of long gone ex boyfriend) into rag bin - rag bin has been removed
    • Nip to B&M for face scrub - done

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • OH to do housework
    • Do not kill people at work - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunch time - done
    • No alcohol - decided to have one nice glass of wine
    • Poss cast on second sock tonight if time
    • Put washing out
    • Quick nose in the garden
    Have a good one all

clf x
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning everyone

I hope ur ankle is settling down Ally.

1LL and Ally thank you for thinking about me. Sometimes I'm a bit too 'life's for living'and when I had chance to be mentored by a paralympian it was too good an opportunity to refuse:T

I was like a space cadet yesterday. Had to give up and go to bed 6pm for foot elevation, was listening to the radio and the next thing woke up briefly at 11pm to go to the toilet and crashed again until 6am this morning. Feeling more normal this morning but foot is still swollen but looks more settled and normal swollen......im even confusing myself now!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I did manage to get cat cleaning done yesterday, spends book up to date. Surprised that grocery budget is looking so healthy but the eating out budget was hit hard at the weekend so I think at the month end they will just balance each other out:)

Planning on going out to get some much needed bits done but weather is awful and get bits together for a meeting tonight.
    Kept heating off which is a good job as woke up to find downstairs window flying about in the the wind. When DD was home we use this window to feed the vacuum plug thru to hoover her car and she hadn't put the latch down after:eek: This is the second time she has done it now. Apart from the security risk as it is a big window u could easily climb thru I would have been really unhappy if the heating had kicked in and the heat going straight out:mad:

Going to pull some chicken out of the freezer and get a casserole going in the slow cooker tonight as I have some veg bits that need using up and can be thrown in. It is a big pack of chicken so will get a variety of meals from it......also thinking chicken fried rice

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills