Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Should I still buy a Diesel SUV

Yes

64.71% • 11 votes

No

29.41% • 5 votes

Yes but as a PCP to gurantee the vaulue at the end of the agreement.

5.88% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

17 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • bloke91
    • By bloke91 16th Apr 18, 6:22 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bloke91
    SUV Petrol vs Disel Value
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:22 AM
    SUV Petrol vs Disel Value 16th Apr 18 at 6:22 AM
    Hi

I am intending to start family in the future and therefor intend to purchase a SUV.

The Mazda CX5 was the SUV of choice for the best in price range and class of SUV. Unfortunately the Petrol has no grunt, so I was going to purchase the SUV as a Diesel with a loan.

The reason for the Loan vs PHP is down to flexibility as I can change Trade it or sell for something else within the next four years if I wanted and I am not tied any agreement with mileage caps etc.

The Mazda CX5 is EURO6 approved but obviously with the governmentís recent announcement relating to Diesels and the drop in sales I am nervous about purchasing a Diesel now.

I fear it wonít be worth much in 4 yearsí time when the loan is paid, there wonít be much demand for Diesels or it wonít be worth as much if I want to trade it in and swop it within the next 4 years.

Obviously Diesels tend to be the best choice within the SUV market, but I am now considering if I would be bettering buy a different SUV in Petrol due to the Diesel issue. Perhaps a Seat Ateka or something.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am really concerned and confused at the moment. Itís a lot of money to spend and I donít want to make the wrong decision.
Page 2
    • Typhoon2000
    • By Typhoon2000 17th Apr 18, 9:53 PM
    • 859 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Typhoon2000
    Remember AWD crossovers are not the same as 4WD. If you are going off road, best get a 4WD.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,721Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin