Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 16th Apr 18, 1:58 AM
    • 1,673Posts
    • 18,498Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Monday 16th April 2018
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:58 AM
    Old Style Daily Monday 16th April 2018 16th Apr 18 at 1:58 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
Page 2
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 16th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 4,224 Posts
    • 31,167 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    If there is anyone reading along who is thinking about having a new kitchen fit then a word of advice - DON'T!!!! I hate being in a disorganised mess and, despite my best laid plans, I am! I can't find anything, I am sick of climbing over boxes, I am fed up already of carrying washing up to the bathroom to do and I hate being so disorganised meal making! The electrician has been here since 8.00 and it's been almost constant banging ever since. Aaaargh! It's over 30 years since we had our original kitchen replaced and it was made easier as I was over 30 years younger!!

SNOOZER- DGD is only 9 so time yet for her to lose interest in ballet and performing arts, despite the time and money it's cost up to now! One of her friends from ballet (11) has just got a scholarship for a ballet school further south, only coming home every other w/e, and DD really hopes our "Margot" doesn't get similar ideas! It upsets her to even think about it.

Right I am off now to find my earplugs, despite escaping a lot of noise when I nipped down to Sainsbobs this morning for my medication and much needed fridge supplies.

Take care all xxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • archived user
    Aww TA i hate it when your having to live in a disorganised mess. I did say that the next time we have something done in the house we would go to the van and leave them to it....
    • Gers
    • By Gers 16th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 6,856 Posts
    • 45,340 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon all.

My day has been both peaceful and refreshing. Teaching was fine apart from one 'remote' student who wandered into his class 50 minutes after the start time, hadn't charged his laptop and couldn't find his email.

My car was full of stuff for the tip so I did that and then went to the country store for bird nuts and sunflower hearts. No shopping done but I did treat myself to lunch at the local museum which I enjoyed.

The neighbour came back to discuss slabs for my back garden and he's calculated that I'll need 94sqm which is a lot more than I anticipated.

I'm more than halfway to deciding to buy a new car. I just missed getting a lovely used one which would have been perfect, now perhaps a new one will be my 'last' car? I'm on the edge, with two legs on the 'go for it side' and my bum still on the 'no' side. Interest rates are so bad, and getting worse so I may as well spend some than keep it. Not sure!

The piddling rain from this morning stopped mid morning thankfully. Not so warm but not so cold either.

Now I need to get ready for tomorrow. I hope everyone has had a good day, a middling day but not a bad one.
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 16th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 1,293 Posts
    • 14,549 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Quick post - my DSis has been brutal - at least 20 black bin bags of stuff (half of which were taken to the Tip today), about 100 books recycled/given to her DS or boxed for English cs, one large computer desk dismantled & already taken to Tip.

If she can keep this up I will be more than happy!

MrsSD

P.s. still have the hand bandaged as it is aching a bit - no washing up for me - will see how it feels tomorrow
    • Elona
    • By Elona 16th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 3,544 Thanks
    Elona
    It stayed quite a nice day so went for a short walk and managed to get my hair done before coming back home for a late brunch. Some parcels have been delivered as I treated myself to a couple of modern. long pretty nighties and new bras.

Will need to look out the recycling for collection tomorrow morning as I have a lot of cardboard boxes to get rid of and someone is coming to help me with the garden tomorrow unless the rain stops plans.. I am still searching online for a good deal on the baby travel system that dd and sil would like but the best deals seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Holly

I hope you get the information you need and that it helps you feel more secure and less worried.

Dumpling

It is a big decision to make , but as you pointed out if she is not going to school then she is not learning anyway. Is there any kind of half way measure that might be possible so you are not on your own?

Youngest dd might be coming over at the weekend but have not heard from her yet so will get the beds changed anyway before the weekend . I know older dd and sil will not be over as they are away and want to fit in a visit to other older dd this week even though I saw her on Saturday and Sunday this week.

Hugs to all
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,097Posts Today

6,401Users online

Martin's Twitter