Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ps22379
    • By ps22379 15th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ps22379
    One Day Car Insurance
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    One Day Car Insurance 15th Apr 18 at 8:01 PM
    I'm looking to insure a friend (28 year old male) on my car, a Toyota Yaris, for a single day. They do not currently own a car so no insurance of their own, but have held a driving licence for 8 years. I just want them to be legally able to drive my car for the day - third party insurance would be good enough.

The quote I got online from tempcover.com was 50. Which seems very excessive. Anybody have an approximate figure of what this should cost - I was hoping for less than 20. And where I can look to find the best price?

Many Thanks,
    Peter
Page 1
    • Zorillo
    • By Zorillo 15th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    Zorillo
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    50 is very reasonable in my opinion. In terms of administration costs and the risk your mate may have an accident, I'd be surprised if anybody would be prepared to offer cover for much less.
    • ps22379
    • By ps22379 15th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ps22379
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    I see, to be fair my figure of 20 was based on absolutely nothing! Will ring my current insurers tomorrow and see if they can improve on that.

Thanks Zorillo
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 15th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    I use https://www.dayinsure.com/ and cant fault them...used them a dozen times so far and for me its often 20-22 per day...although that will obviously vary person to person.

Ive checked each time and they always come back the cheapest...again might vary person to person and postcode to postcode.
    Its really rather simple...I cant spell and your a Bully..Hang your head in shame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin