Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • naive investor
    • By naive investor 15th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    naive investor
    Iweb or Interactive Investor for my Sipp
    • 15th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    Iweb or Interactive Investor for my Sipp 15th Apr 18 at 6:53 PM
    I plan to open a Sipp.

I have sufficient funds to transfer in that the most cost effective platforms are these two. Probably not much cost difference between the two so maybe other factors are the decider

Whilst I am familiar with Hargreaves and Fidelity and I currently use Interactive for my ISA (and know their failings) I don't seem to be able to demo IWeb's site to get a feel for it. Maybe the devil I know III is the one to go for but I am open to advice about these and other platforms.

I plan mostly funds but maybe the odd Unit Trust.

Thanks
Page 1
    • ian.smith7
    • By ian.smith7 16th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ian.smith7
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    I would be interested in seeing some replies to this thread as well.
    No opinions anyone?

What do you think the failings of Interactive Investor are? they are on my SIPP shortlist.
    Ian
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 96,074 Posts
    • 63,881 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    I plan mostly funds but maybe the odd Unit Trust.
    unit trusts are funds. So, what do you mean by funds? (some could be direct investments like ETFs, ITs etc).
    Maybe the devil I know III is the one to go for but I am open to advice about these and other platforms.
    III apparently use FNZ. FNZ has some of the best software on the market for platforms. However, it is highly configurable (so features/options can be enabled/disabled) and FNZ just controls the backend and trading. They do not code the frontend (how info is displayed).
    Last edited by dunstonh; 16-04-2018 at 2:01 PM.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 16th Apr 18, 2:07 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 8,170 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:07 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 2:07 PM
    I would be interested in seeing some replies to this thread as well.
    No opinions anyone?

What do you think the failings of Interactive Investor are? they are on my SIPP shortlist.
    Ian
    Originally posted by ian.smith7
    I haven't really experienced any failing yet with Ii. I have been transferring old smallish DC pensions into a SIPP and they have all completed. Any delays were the fault of the old pension provider, not Ii. I am still waiting for an ISA transfer to complete but I suspect that Halifax is the slow end there too.
    • ian.smith7
    • By ian.smith7 16th Apr 18, 3:56 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ian.smith7
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:56 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:56 PM
    I have just been having a look at the charges on Interactive Investor charges PDF.
    For a Sipp in Drawdown the charges are:
    1. Sipp Annual Charge 100 +vat (120)
    2. Sipp Drawdown Charge 100 +vat (120)
    3. Quarterly Platform charge 22.50 (90) + vat?? (108).
    Total 348 (if No trades are made)
    Does that seem correct?
    • Potboiler
    • By Potboiler 16th Apr 18, 11:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Potboiler
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:28 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:28 PM
    i web charges 360 p.a. for SIPP in flexible drawdown greater than 50k. No problems at all with website which is perfectly functional and informative for my limited dealing. No app though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin