Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pinkicchi
    • By Pinkicchi 15th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pinkicchi
    Costs of Buying and Selling
    • 15th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    Costs of Buying and Selling 15th Apr 18 at 4:15 PM
    I know this may be a silly question, and has probably already been answered at some point, so sorry for that.

My partner owns the house we live in, but we want to move to a bigger place. Weve been told conflicting things about how much everything costs, but so far as I can gather, itll cost us about 5000 to move.

My question is, where can this money come from? I realise that theres probably some upfront costs like surveys, but can the majority of it come from the mortgage? Well be adding myself into the mortgage on the next place, and so well be going from a 80000 flat to hopefully a 190-200000 house.

Im mainly trying to find a way we can afford this as soon as possible, since its really not easy to save 5000!
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 15th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 34,498 Posts
    • 18,742 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 15th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    Most will come from the equity from the sale of the current property.

You'll usually pay "upfront" the mortgage report & valuation fee (if any) and the solicitor handling your purchase might ask for 300 to cover search fees which will be deducted from your final completion statement.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

6,588Users online

Martin's Twitter