Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chelseals123
    • By Chelseals123 15th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Chelseals123
    Enquires raised - estimated timeline
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    Enquires raised - estimated timeline 15th Apr 18 at 1:55 PM
    Hi all. Currently in the process of buying a house (no onward chain) and selling to first time buyers. Draft contract received and all searches back. Mortgage offer, valuation etc all done too. Solicitor raised enquires as of last week - any idea when we can be looking at exchanging contracts? We were initially working towards last week in April/first week in May latest and I'm worried this now may not happen. Seems like everything has moved really fast this week. Thanks
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 46,165 Posts
    • 55,866 Thanks
    G_M
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:34 PM
    Your seller might return the Enquires on Tuesday.

Or on 25th August.
    • Tiglet2
    • By Tiglet2 15th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    Tiglet2
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    The seller's solicitor now has to look at the enquiries (do you know how many enquiries were raised?), and respond to your solicitor. This may mean contacting the seller for responses to queries as a result of the Property Information Form, Fixtures & Fittings Form and any planning/building regulations documents or shown up in the searches. Some things which might also show up in the searches are whether the roads are adopted, whether the utility services are connected, also environmental issues such as flooding, subsidence, ground stability etc. The solicitor will read the title documents to the property and may find discrepancies, such as the person selling is not on the title (i.e. marriage, death etc). All these examples of enquiries may take more than a yes or no answer and consequently the enquiry can take a while to sort out. For this reason, solicitors usually will not answer questions relating to when you will exchange, because at this point they don't know.
    • Chelseals123
    • By Chelseals123 15th Apr 18, 2:54 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chelseals123
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:54 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:54 PM
    Thankyou this is really helpful- I believe there were 9 enquiries raised (no idea if this is alot or not?) Most were fairly straight forward such as can you confirm you are happy with a 5% deposit at exchange, can you confirm you are leaving fridge amongst a few others. Searches have all been looked over by solicitor as well as ourselves. Solicitor thinks we are on track for 3 weeks time so j was just curious to know the normal time taken for this last stage
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

1,171Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin