Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tekton23
    • By tekton23 15th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 84Posts
    • 14Thanks
    tekton23
    Best Way to Invest in Tesla Shares via ISA
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    Best Way to Invest in Tesla Shares via ISA 15th Apr 18 at 1:41 PM
    Hi,

Looking for low cost options to buy Tesla shares in the US. Ideally it would be via an ISA, that also allows other investments in funds for example. The reason being I only want to make a limited investment in Tesla, and certainly not the full ISA allowance. So the ISA would ideally be a good, low-cost fund platform at the same time!

I used the Halifax last year and found they are good for their 2 a trade Stocks and Shares ISA, but their fund fees are high and I don't believe you can use their regular plan to buy international shares.

Thanks,

T23
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    • 2,389 Posts
    • 1,790 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    Yes I just logged into Halifax and it would allow a one-off trade for TSLA but the regular investment lookup failed.

Once a month Halifax offer a period where you can trade UK and international stocks for 3.95 if you are happy to restrict your regular Tesla investments to this time? Personally I don't see what's so special about Tesla putting batteries in cars that justifies the company's valuations.

I don't understand your comment about fund fees as Halifax charge the same 2 for regular fund investment?

Alex
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,749Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin