Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ric1982
    • By ric1982 15th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 30Thanks
    ric1982
    Follow up on vendors house search
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    Follow up on vendors house search 15th Apr 18 at 12:57 PM
    Hi,

We are FTB so not sure what is the best way to approach this. We have found the house we liked and the offer is accepted. The vendor still needs to find the house so I understand its waiting game. We have direct contact with the vendor (as we found out in the early stage (vendor and us) that the EA is less then helpful in resolving queries.

Vendor has given her contact details so that we can be in touch in case of any queries. From my understanding the vendor is motivated to buy her new property but haven't found anything yet.

I was wondering what is the best time interval (weekly or biweekly) to just drop a line to the vendor such as 'hows your search going... etc'. Or is it good idea to do such follow ups?

What have approach have everyone taken in such situation?

I think just sitting around and waiting for thing to drop on your lap will not help anyone.

Thanks
Page 1
    • WatsonL212
    • By WatsonL212 15th Apr 18, 1:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WatsonL212
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:15 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:15 PM
    Having recently been in a similar situation but from the sellers point of view I wouldn't do anything!

I knew someone had bought our house and that in itself was enough pressure on me. I wouldn't have wanted our buyer messaging me every week asking if I had found somewhere to buy yet.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 45,321 Posts
    • 54,325 Thanks
    G_M
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    Have you given the vendor your contacct details?

I imagine if/when they find somewhere, they'll tell you.

If you don't hear, you can assume they are still looking.

If you regularly ring, they'll get royally p*ssed off after a while.

Maybe ring if you've heard nothing in a month.

I think just sitting around and waiting for thing to drop on your lap will not help anyone.
    Do you mean you sitting around?That's exactly what you need to do.

Or do you mean them sitting around? Well, they are either house-hunting or they are not. You hasling them won't change anythhing.
    Last edited by G_M; 15-04-2018 at 1:20 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

6,639Users online

Martin's Twitter