Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sponge_Cake
    • By Sponge_Cake 15th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    • 107Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Sponge_Cake
    Anyone have any knowledge about term time only working and claiming UC?
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    Anyone have any knowledge about term time only working and claiming UC? 15th Apr 18 at 12:47 PM
    Hi, me and my partner work in schools, term time only.
    We are paid for the full year, the pay is spread over the 12 months.

I earn 825 a month (before tax)
    He earns 915 a month (before tax)

I am pregnant and baby due in October. We want to claim to help out with childcare costs.

Can we still claim universal credit?
Page 2
    • huckster
    • By huckster 16th Apr 18, 8:37 PM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    huckster
    CET would be 35x national minimum wage for both you and your partner. The income you entered yesterday put you in light touch. However, if you give birth to a child you are treated as having no working requirement at all until the child reaches 1. Makes no difference, apart from not having to go to the 2 job centre appointments someone linked to earlier.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    • jobseeking help
    • By jobseeking help 17th Apr 18, 8:18 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    jobseeking help
    Currently clients in UCFS 'light-touch' do not have to attend any mandatory appts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

367Posts Today

2,617Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin