Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 3,137Posts
    • 3,245Thanks
    LadyDee
    Cost of Compensation for 200?
    • 15th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    Cost of Compensation for 200? 15th Apr 18 at 11:15 AM
    I have to return a heavy parcel to Amazon - they'll refund a maximum of 4.75 so obviously want to pay as little as possible for the return, but definitely want cover for 200 loss or damage.

The parcel (microwave) is too heavy for me to take to PO or similar, it has to be a collection service.

I've been on the Parcel2Go website which I usually use for small odds & ends, but it appears that to get the price for the enhanced compensation means I have to fill in all the same details of the parcel on each courier's website to allow me to compare prices.

Any suggestions welcome, and oh, I'm on a deadline as my 30 days for change of mind runs out tomorrow!
Page 1
    • qsk
    • By qsk 15th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    qsk
    • 15th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    If it was sold by Amazon itself, try an online chat with them and they might ask you to email them the post receipt and then refund the whole cost. (I did this once but I did post it at a post office).
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 15th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    If it was sold by Amazon itself, try an online chat with them and they might ask you to email them the post receipt and then refund the whole cost. (I did this once but I did post it at a post office).
    Originally posted by qsk
    I'll certainly give that a try once I have a cost. Just hoping that "return by 16th" actually means "commence return process by 16th"!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    • 60,841 Posts
    • 43,411 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    I'll certainly give that a try once I have a cost. Just hoping that "return by 16th" actually means "commence return process by 16th"!
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    I would check that before you spend money returning it!
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    I would check that before you spend money returning it!
    Originally posted by soolin
    Yes, better had I think

Just checked with Amazon and they confirm that so long as the label is generated "within the time allowed" they count that date as date of return, even if the courier takes a week to pick it up they will accept it. Result!

Also, they will pay the full return cost (confirmed by email) - even better result!

Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket.
    Last edited by LadyDee; 15-04-2018 at 3:16 PM.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 15th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    Originally posted by qsk

Confirmed they will pay the cost of the return - I wouldn't have even thought of asking - so thank you for the suggestion. You saved me nearly 20 - phew!! Very happy. I don't normally go for jumping smilies but I think that deserves one
    • RFW
    • By RFW 15th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 8,739 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    RFW
    • 15th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    Confirmed they will pay the cost of the return - I wouldn't have even thought of asking - so thank you for the suggestion. You saved me nearly 20 - phew!! Very happy. I don't normally go for jumping smilies but I think that deserves one
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    If they're paying for it you can ask them to arrange collection. They use Hermes and DPD, you may need someone to be in for it.

In my experience they tell you they're sending Hermes, who don't turn up, then they send DPD and let you know a time they'll be there!
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 15th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    If they're paying for it you can ask them to arrange collection. They use Hermes and DPD, you may need someone to be in for it.

In my experience they tell you they're sending Hermes, who don't turn up, then they send DPD and let you know a time they'll be there!
    Originally posted by RFW
    I've booked ParcelForce now. Amazon CS sent me a confirming email that they will reimburse cost if I send them the receipt for courier, attached to email reply.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,280Posts Today

8,055Users online

Martin's Twitter