Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • craig1123
    • By craig1123 14th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    • 144Posts
    • 69Thanks
    craig1123
    Inc payments to loan or credit card
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    Inc payments to loan or credit card 14th Apr 18 at 6:40 PM
    Hey,

I will be looking to remortage next year.
    I have a loan which I am paying off and some 0% credit cards which I am also clearing.

I won't however be able to clear both by the time I remortage.

In terms of being accepted for a mortgage and getting accepted for a larger amount would I be best to pay an extra 500 a month to the loan or mortgage.

Obviously clearing the loan will save on interest but what do mortgage providers consider?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 14th Apr 18, 10:35 PM
    • 59,531 Posts
    • 52,834 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:35 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:35 PM
    Pay down the loan first. Though ensure you pay more than the required monthly minimum payment on the 0% credit cards.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin