Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • reacherjack
    • By reacherjack 14th Apr 18, 5:39 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    reacherjack
    SCS / Parking ticketing ltd - error ?
    • 14th Apr 18, 5:39 PM
    SCS / Parking ticketing ltd - error ? 14th Apr 18 at 5:39 PM
    Hi All,
    We are a small Ltd Company and recieved a parking charge notice in early 2017 from Parking Ticketing Ltd (placed on the windscreen) for 'no Permit' - we were on a job and parked in a resident's bay in a private residential block of flats.
    I just ignored it as we had pemission to park there anyway by the resident . We were not aware of the need for permits but on enquiring after the event they didn't drive so had no permits or even used that space.

The signage is pretty poor and not visible.

In March 17 a notice to keeper arrived demanding 120. Again ignored it.

In march 2018 a letter arrived from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd - the charge increasing to 149.00 - ignored that too.

April 18 SCS law have written also demanding 149 - stating at this stage we should deal with DRP Ltd
    I have not done anything with this yet.

I have just realised they have the company name wrong, alas on checking the vehicle's V5 this is also incorrect (DVLA have been notified and asked to amend)

Now part of me is thinking as the company name is incorect and there is no such firm at this (my residential) address I just continue to ignore it and let them carry on.

The other part of me is concerned the DVLA could issue the correct name to these lowlife and by then it's too late - any thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 17,832 Posts
    • 22,482 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    the dvla can only issue the details once, and in any case if the SCS letter says to contact DRP, then DRP sent it (using a pimped out letterhead)

ignore anything apart from a formal LBC conforming to the new oct 2017 PaP protocols, or an MCOL from Northampton
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • reacherjack
    • By reacherjack 14th Apr 18, 6:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reacherjack
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:07 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:07 PM
    Brilliant - Thanks so much - sorry to be dim ... LBC ?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 6,712 Posts
    • 5,935 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    LBC = Letter Before Claim.

Post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread lists the common abbreviations used here.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 14th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 1,649 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    Castle
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:17 PM

ignore anything apart from a formal LBC conforming to the new oct 2017 PaP protocols, or an MCOL from Northampton
    Originally posted by Redx
    The op is a small limited company so the new PaP won't apply.
    • reacherjack
    • By reacherjack 14th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reacherjack
    Thanks Keith, sorry I was getting a bit bamboozled with all this.
    • reacherjack
    • By reacherjack 14th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reacherjack
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    Looking at the original charge it states 100 is due within 28 days - a reduced amount of 60 accepted if recieved in 14 days - failure to provide payment of the full amount in 28 days will result in the charge increasing by a further 50

The PCS NTK is for 120.00

The DRP & SCS letters are demanding 149.

Surely they're figures are incorrect and would be thrown out on that alone?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Apr 18, 6:46 PM
    • 17,832 Posts
    • 22,482 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:46 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:46 PM
    the figures are all made up anyway, so if the company lost in court and the defence objects to the costings, the judge will decide what the eventual figure is. Almost every defended case has incorrect costings

never assume that a private parking case will be "thrown out"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 9,095 Posts
    • 8,791 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,185Posts Today

8,490Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin