Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    0 WOW
    Non refundable hotel booked through Travel Republic via Trip Advisor
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Non refundable hotel booked through Travel Republic via Trip Advisor 14th Apr 18 at 4:34 PM
    Went onto Trip Advisor typed in 2 adults and 2 children with their ages and the holiday dates required, went through to hotels. Browsed hotels and found one we liked and was cheap, clicked on it, clicked on Travel Republic as was the cheapest! This took me through to Travel Republic mobile website. Clicked on the top cheapest room and booked it, paid in full as it was the non refundable room at the cheaper rate. When the confirmation email came through it was only for 2 adults not 2 adults 2 children!! I immediately raised a service request via email to Travel Republic to cancel the booking. I then phoned Travel Republic who said she can only email the refunds department and they will contact the hotel, but was told the hotel is closed until May! So we would need to wait for the hotel to respond. We tried to cancel the credit card payment but it was already in process! I then phoned Travel Republic the next day to see what was happening, spoke to a lady who actually phoned the refund department then they tried to call the hotel. I am currently waiting on the Travel Republic lady to call me back to see if we can cancel or get a Travel Republic credit note to be able to change the hotel. I have screen shots of the booking process which shows I put the whole family on Trip Advisor and then in Travel Republic it doesn't state how many people are on the booking, but I presumed it was the whole family as I had previously stated. I just want to know if I have a leg to stand on or my consumer rights, as my original search was then directed to Travel Republic from Trip Advisor and somehow my 2 children taken off the search? Please help!
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 14th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    • 12,277 Posts
    • 8,378 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    Rather than cancelling, why not ask TR to amend the booking to include the children?
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    • 14th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    Because we paid 1000 for the hotel and they want an additional 1000 to add 2 children. I just want to know if I actually have a case or not! The original request on Trip Advisor was for 2 adults 2 children, and no where on Travel Republic room selection say how many people it's for, hence I presumed it was for 2 adults and 2 children!
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 14th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    Which hotel is it? I've just done a dummy booking and the first page shows the price per person (presumably you paid that x 2, not x 4) and it then states two adults two children on the sign in/ contact details page.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 14th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 3,384 Posts
    • 2,173 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    What hotel is it? I just did a dummy booking through TA for a random hotel for 2 adults/2 children and the requested number of people carried through to TR.
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    No this did not show this! It showed the dates only!!! I have screen shot all relevant documents and internet pages processes, but can't seem to upload them??
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    • 16,303 Posts
    • 12,332 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    Just name the hotel
    Last edited by hollydays; 14-04-2018 at 6:54 PM.
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    Sol palmanova, but don't see the relevance! I just want to know if I searched via a search website/app which then took information off and I then booked a non refundable room which didn't show on the page or confirmation page - where do I stand??
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 3,384 Posts
    • 2,173 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    My guess is there will be something in both TA's and TR's T&C about checking all details are correct before booking.
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    So where do I stand?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 14th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Still showing it for me. You select the room type then it comes up with the hotel name, 7 nights, dates, Sol Room, All inclusive (2 adults)
    • Holiday Mess Up
    • By Holiday Mess Up 14th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Holiday Mess Up
    Nope came up with booking details for 1 main person, no addirional names or quantity????
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 14th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 4,127 Posts
    • 45,018 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Personally wouldn't have spunked 1k without checking all info had transferred to next website.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 14th Apr 18, 7:51 PM
    • 25,092 Posts
    • 12,347 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Where do you stand?
    1.You go on holiday and leave the kids at home.
    2 You pay the extra to include the kids.
    3 You ask the agent to amend the booking (if they can)
    4 You cancel and risk losing the booking and your money as it was non refundable.
    5 You are now back at point 1.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 15th Apr 18, 9:17 AM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    cubegame
    Take the kids and buy a wide selection of colours of all-inclusive style wristbands before you go.

Observe the colours of bands on other people's children and then equip yours appropriately.

1000 saved.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 15th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 1,377 Thanks
    z1a
    Take the kids and buy a wide selection of colours of all-inclusive style wristbands before you go.

Observe the colours of bands on other people's children and then equip yours appropriately.

1000 saved.
    Originally posted by cubegame
    A/I not much good if they have nowhere to sleep!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

8,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin