Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jent13c
    • By jent13c 14th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jent13c
    Student Nurse Mortgage
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    Student Nurse Mortgage 14th Apr 18 at 3:11 PM
    I am half way through second year of nursing in Scotland and currently receive a bursary from SAAS of around 9000 annually. This will be in place finishing August 2019 at which point I will get a job as a staff nurse, due to the severe shortage of nurses in NHS everyone is graduating with a job just now.
    My husband earns 40k with potential for promotion this year to be around 45k.
    We currently own a flat which is worth around 100k for which we have an 80k mortgage. We have a car loan of 5000 to be paid off in two years, no further lending and have 2000 in savings. We are fairly comfortable month to month and managing to save a bit every month.
    We have outgrown our flat and the area is undesirable and would love a garden for our little boy. We have the opportunity to buy a house which has previously been part exchanged for 220 (originally valued at 300k last year) and the building company would part exchange our flat for 100 which we feel is a really generous deal and if there was any way in which we could move we would.
    Are there any lenders who would include this bursary with the application? it brings in around 700 so a fair chunk.
    Do these numbers seem realistic?
    Should we bother approaching any high street lenders or brokers or are we just wasting peoples time? I know it's a lot more sensible to wait until I have my contract, the real push was because I am a bit worried our flat may struggle to sell due to the area so the part exchange would be a big load off our minds.
    Thank you so much for any help anyone can offer.
Page 1
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 14th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 9,940 Posts
    • 5,362 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    Complex so please speak to a mortgage broker in Scotland
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,213Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter