Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arrant123
    • By Arrant123 14th Apr 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Arrant123
    Cpm/drp
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:40 PM
    Cpm/drp 14th Apr 18 at 2:40 PM
    Hi,
    After searching previous threads and not finding any information, I have a question.

I gave my son my old car, inbetween changing details of ownership he was ticketed at his home address ( he lives at his mothers). I received a parking charge letter from "CPM" . I filled in the " transfer of liability section an returned it to them and the following 2 other letters. My son has received a letter now as well.
    Today I received a letter from "DRP" asking for 160 , I rang them to explain the situation an they allegedly checked CPM'S records and said CPM have no record of any of my transfer of liability and either I or my son should pay up, after telling them that's not happening they hung up .
    Any advice will be welcomed
    Regards Arran
Page 1
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 14th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    kryten3000
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    Sounds like they wrote to your son and he's not responded, so they're trying to get you to pay up as keeper.

Thing is, you have discharged your responsibility by naming the driver and providing a serviceable address. CPM can now only pursue the driver.

It's a shame you've named your son as there's a good that the CPM Notice to Keeper doesn't comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, so you would not have been liable in any case.

You can ignore DRP: Don't Reply, Powerless.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    • 9,070 Posts
    • 8,764 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,368Posts Today

8,256Users online

Martin's Twitter