Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gillpy1
    • By gillpy1 14th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gillpy1
    Ebay/paypal fraud
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    Ebay/paypal fraud 14th Apr 18 at 11:54 AM
    On 26 Feb 2018 I was defrauded on Ebay for the purchase of a Rolex watch in the amount of 5550. I have contacted Paypal to confirm that I have not made this purchase and therefore the transaction is fraudulent. Paypal have responded saying they have investigated and there is insufficient evidence to pursue the case. I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with this case.
    many thanks,
    Big Col
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 14th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 11,370 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    you would probably be better posting on the ebay board, but what actually happened?
    When I had a case...got up one morning to find I had bought a book from the US for $100 whilst I was sleeping...it was investigated and money refunded by PayPal within a week.
    Assuming you did not receive the watch, what have they said with regards to item not received?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 14th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    • 33,409 Posts
    • 39,528 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    I'm assuming seller of the item provided proof of delivery to the address in your eBay/PayPal account.

If they didn't then I'd be back onto them on the phone straight away.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • bris
    • By bris 14th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 6,783 Thanks
    bris
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    Do a chargeback from the funding source.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Apr 18, 7:50 AM
    • 33,873 Posts
    • 28,740 Thanks
    custardy
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:50 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:50 AM
    On 26 Feb 2018 I was defrauded on Ebay for the purchase of a Rolex watch in the amount of 5550. I have contacted Paypal to confirm that I have not made this purchase and therefore the transaction is fraudulent. Paypal have responded saying they have investigated and there is insufficient evidence to pursue the case. I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with this case.
    many thanks,
    Big Col
    Originally posted by gillpy1
    So much to clarify.
    So you are saying your eBay account was used by someone else?

So how do you know about this purchase?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin