Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IMASMARTIE22
    • By IMASMARTIE22 14th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    IMASMARTIE22
    Q.d.r solictors
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    Q.d.r solictors 14th Apr 18 at 11:14 AM
    LONG story short I attended an interview for a job in a secure hospital [parking was very ltd] I had never been there before everyone had parked on the grass as the parking was very ltd this was on 18/10 last year the issue date was 24/10/17.
    they have two pictures of my timed arrival and timed leaving 10.00 leaving 11.00
    now the pictures and first letter from civil enforcement Liverpool . I have never contacted them as I attended an interview 5/4/18 letter arrived from Q.D.R solicitors threating court action and the fine is now over 200 pound they have stated they will ask a judge for attachment of earnings. I cant afford to pay it couldn't afford the first one
    my question how can I deal with this or are they just trying it on.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    • 36,841 Posts
    • 20,979 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    You shouldn't have ignored it in the first place.

Get on to the department which invited you to interview and complain bitterly asking them to get this cancelled prior to any court claim being issued

Read up on how to deal with a lbcca (if that's what you have received), and court process in #2 of the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Should this letter be just a threatening debt collectors attempt to frighten you into paying and not a lbcca then ignore it (they cannot ask for an attachment of earnings without first getting a ccj against you and you ignoring it - they would then have to go back to court and apply for an attachment of earnings - but you would know all about it should it come to that)
    Last edited by Quentin; 14-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 11:46 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:46 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:46 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

7,028Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin