Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mxdie
    • By mxdie 14th Apr 18, 3:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mxdie
    CFIAS marker against my name. HELP
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:51 AM
    CFIAS marker against my name. HELP 14th Apr 18 at 3:51 AM
    Hello,
    Iím not here for sympathy, itís my own fault.
    Last year I made some really stupid decisions involving my bank account and even when I tried to back out and stop, I was threatened into proceeding. Half a year later, Iím sat here with at least 3 CFIAS markers from different banks against my name (3 different banks have closed my accounts with them for fraud - I havenít checked if I have the markers but I assume if all accounts have been closed for fraud and all banks are rejecting me I must have) and a simple adult caution with the police for money laundering.

I work full time at a warehouse, getting paid every month. I now do not have a bank account for my wages to get paid into as my last account was recently closed. Iíve applied for other banks and an online bank called Sterling. All have rejected me, I need a bank account because I need somewhere to get my wages paid into. I also have a phone contract thatís in my own name so I need An account for that also.

Iíve looked at similar forums but they havenít been of any help. Iíve tried everything but nothing is working..
    Does anyone have any advice in to what I should do?
    Would I be able to get just a savings account with a bank? Would the Post Office accept me? I donít want to apply for too many things because then itís yet another thing which is damaging my already destroyed credit history.

My family are refusing to help me so I cannot get it paid into their account.

Before people comment laughing, or saying ďitís your own faultĒ I completely agree, if I could turn back time I would. Iím really struggling so would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 14th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    Hello,
    Iím not here for sympathy, itís my own fault.
    Last year I made some really stupid decisions involving my bank account and even when I tried to back out and stop, I was threatened into proceeding. Half a year later, Iím sat here with at least 3 CFIAS markers from different banks against my name (3 different banks have closed my accounts with them for fraud - I havenít checked if I have the markers but I assume if all accounts have been closed for fraud and all banks are rejecting me I must have) and a simple adult caution with the police for money laundering.

I work full time at a warehouse, getting paid every month. I now do not have a bank account for my wages to get paid into as my last account was recently closed. Iíve applied for other banks and an online bank called Sterling. All have rejected me, I need a bank account because I need somewhere to get my wages paid into. I also have a phone contract thatís in my own name so I need An account for that also.

Iíve looked at similar forums but they havenít been of any help. Iíve tried everything but nothing is working..
    Does anyone have any advice in to what I should do?
    Would I be able to get just a savings account with a bank? Would the Post Office accept me? I donít want to apply for too many things because then itís yet another thing which is damaging my already destroyed credit history.

My family are refusing to help me so I cannot get it paid into their account.

Before people comment laughing, or saying ďitís your own faultĒ I completely agree, if I could turn back time I would. Iím really struggling so would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

Thanks
    Originally posted by mxdie
    For starters you can find out what's held in your name (if anything) on the CIFAS databases:

https://www.cifas.org.uk/secure/contentPORT/uploads/documents/Forms/SAR_Form_2013.pdf
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    18cc
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    One account you might get with a CFIAS marker is a Yorkshire Building Society cashcard account - has a sort code/account number and a LINK card for withdrawals - no direct debits etc allowed. Not sure if you would get it though.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Apr 18, 1:51 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    18cc
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:51 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:51 PM
    Not sure if you have seen this:

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/criminal-convictions-history-fraud/

(I know you haven't got a criminal conviction for the fraud but there is some useful info in there)
    • pope_jonathan
    • By pope_jonathan 3rd May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pope_jonathan
    • 3rd May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 3rd May 18, 9:04 PM
    I cant post links here so search pre paid bank accounts.
    money . co . uk has a good list and tells you how they work and what if any charges to watch out for. You can do all the usual BACS, faster payments, standing orders, direct debits etc. They don't do a credit check so they won't make it worse.

U £0 monthly, looks like it might be quite good? Read the small print tho for potential charges.
    uaccount .uk

Hope that helps.

Power to the People!
    • its_all_over
    • By its_all_over 3rd May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    its_all_over
    • 3rd May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 3rd May 18, 9:12 PM
    Not sure if you have seen this:

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/criminal-convictions-history-fraud/

(I know you haven't got a criminal conviction for the fraud but there is some useful info in there)
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Doesn't a caution count as a conviction?
    • maxximus75
    • By maxximus75 3rd May 18, 11:47 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    maxximus75
    • 3rd May 18, 11:47 PM
    • 3rd May 18, 11:47 PM
    Give Monzo or Revolut a go.

You need a smartphone to use their services but they just do identity checks to open an account and I know people have been accepted by Monzo with CIFAS markers.

I know Monzo allows direct debits and I believe Revolut too but not 100% sure. You can set everything up using your phone and just have to take a picture of your ID and the account gets opened in minutes. You'll have the account number and sort code straight away.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,608Posts Today

9,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin