Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • ladela
    • By ladela 13th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 217Thanks
    Question about household bills when unemployed
    • #1
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    Question about household bills when unemployed 13th Apr 18 at 11:26 PM
    Hi all,

    I'm about to apply for bankruptcy. At the moment I am not working due to MH issues, though my partner is. I'm completing the bankruptcy form online and under the 'home and utilities' it says,

    'Add what you contribute to your household's home and utilities expenses. If you don't contribute towards something, leave it blank.'

    This is probably a stupid question but I'm just checking I'm reading this right. Does this mean as I am not working and currently have no income of my own I do not fill in this section as I don't personally contribute to anything (my partner pays - I've included his wage) - or does it mean leave the sections blank that as a household we don't contribute towards as it is not part of our expenses? for instance, we don't pay furniture rental, etc. Hmm I'm probably making this sound more complicated than it needs be but I'm hoping somebody knows what I mean. It just seems wrong not including our rent/ctax/bills payments when I've had to include his wages?

    Please help....dying to submit this thing, I've been putting it off for over a year, and obviously have let things get even worse in that time so I'm eager to just bite the bullet and breathe a bit.
Page 1
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 14th Apr 18, 7:35 AM
    • 2,624 Posts
    • 2,603 Thanks
    • #2
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:35 AM
    • #2
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:35 AM
    If you have no income at all and are not contributing anything then that's what you put on the form. If at some point during the 1 year you are BR your circumstances change, then you let the OR know and the SOA is adjusted accordingly. If the OR has questions about your SOA - they will ask them during your interview.
    • ladela
    • By ladela 14th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    • #3
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    • #3
    • 14th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    Brilliant, thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,454Posts Today

6,640Users online

Martin's Twitter