Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andymandy92
    • By andymandy92 13th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    andymandy92
    Is it free to use the internet browser on my ps4?
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    Is it free to use the internet browser on my ps4? 13th Apr 18 at 9:21 PM
    Hi so I have a ps4 and I have connected it to my wifi, do I have to pay extra for my internet or something if I use the internet browser on my ps4 to watch videos etc?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 31,608 Posts
    • 19,947 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    Hi so I have a ps4 and I have connected it to my wifi, do I have to pay extra for my internet or something if I use the internet browser on my ps4 to watch videos etc?
    Originally posted by andymandy92
    No you dont pay any extra to use the browser, a browser on your phone would be easier to navigate.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 13-04-2018 at 9:35 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • andymandy92
    • By andymandy92 13th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    andymandy92
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    No you dont pay any extra to use the browser, a browser on your phone would be easier to navigate.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Thanks for replying...what about watching videos on my ps4 via the internet browser is that free too? As I have a big TV so it's better than my phone.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Apr 18, 9:42 PM
    • 31,608 Posts
    • 19,947 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:42 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:42 PM
    Thanks for replying...what about watching videos on my ps4 via the internet browser is that free too? As I have a big TV so it's better than my phone.
    Originally posted by andymandy92
    Lol yes, im sure theres a list of what you and cant do with a ps4.

Give it a try, if its going to charge you there will be a prompt warning you of the charge.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 13-04-2018 at 9:46 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 16th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:06 PM
    It doesn't charge you. You might be confused because you have to pay a subscription to play certain games online. That doesn't have anything to do with just browsing the internet though. You will be fine to do that with no charge
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 27,814 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    You wont get any unexpected charges. If you bought something in the psn store it would clearly state the cost and ask for payment. If you tried to use something you have to pay for like playing online multiplayer it simply wont let you unless you buy a subscription.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,189Posts Today

7,106Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin