Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KathF
    • By KathF 13th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 115Posts
    • 261Thanks
    KathF
    Have i messed up my tax payment?
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    Have i messed up my tax payment? 13th Apr 18 at 7:41 PM
    I done my tax return and it showed me what estimate would be due and said to wait 72 hrs for it to update on system,
    i waited, logged in and then it had the amount and due date 31st jan 2019 . last year i paid straight away when it showed this
    so i paid, now its saying ive over paid by that much and to request a repayment and and my payment is still due on 31st
    why didnt that go through like last year? was i meant to wait until next yr to pay?
    do i need to claim it all back and then pay again on 31st jab 2019? or will it just transfer across
    thanks in advance
Page 1
    • dori2o
    • By dori2o 13th Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    • 7,712 Posts
    • 12,910 Thanks
    dori2o
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:20 PM
    As the payment due date is 31 January 2019 the payment you have made will not be allocated until that date. Therefore your are now in credit by that amou t. When 31/01/19 comes around that credit will clear the payment due.

The system has always operated that way.
    To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    • KathF
    • By KathF 13th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    KathF
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    thats a relief thankyou, i cant recall last year if i logged back in after paying now you mention it, thankyou so much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,406Posts Today

7,931Users online

Martin's Twitter