Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • James Porter
    • By James Porter 13th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    James Porter
    PCN at McDonalds near Gatwick
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    PCN at McDonalds near Gatwick 13th Apr 18 at 6:41 PM
    Hi All
    Just received a PCN from Met Parking Services relating to the McDonalds car park near Gatwick airport. Absolutely amazing and I'm appealing it. On Sunday 25 March I stopped for a quick breakfast before picking up friends from the airport. Ordered from the self-serv terminals they now have in McDs. Notices saying you have to validate your ticket. Didn't go to counter as they now have a table service option. Returned to the car after about 20 mins with receipt in hand and car park ticket expecting to have to scan the barcode at the exit gate. Got to barrier, put in car-parking ticket, nothing happeneed. Pressed button to speak to someone (no instructions on the ticket machine). Then barrier goes up - and I think 'ok, maybe they've recognised that either I have my receipt in hand or that I have used the restaurant and my stay has just been a short one. I drive away.
    PCN arrived 5 April. I'm appealing and I have proof from my bank statement that I did use the restaurant. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 56,189 Posts
    • 69,855 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    Welcome!

Read the NEWBIES sticky thread first, and don't blow the appeal by writing it yourself about who did what, or by sending a letter in the post.

We assume you have read that 'PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' sticky, first, and that you have also searched the forum for the obvious keywords: 'MET Gatwick' to read all the other cases first.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 13th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 17,815 Posts
    • 22,454 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    to be clear, for now you are appealing as KEEPER , not as driver (what happened on the day is not relevant for a keeper appeal)

if they failed POFA2012, then you win and it doesnt matter what the driver did

and complain as a customer (not as driver or keeper) to MCdees too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

879Posts Today

6,595Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: have you ever seen a ghost?

• RT @JohnnyMercerUK: Another important day ahead in achieving parity of esteem between mental and physical health: the breathing space schem?

• RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Follow Martin