Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hebrews12
    • By Hebrews12 13th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hebrews12
    Have I used the wrong compost?
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    Have I used the wrong compost? 13th Apr 18 at 5:41 PM
    Today I've put grass seed down on our lawn and mixed it with compost as the instructions said. However, my wife has just returned to tell me that I've used ericaceous compost instead of normal stuff and it's more acidic. Is this going to be OK or am I going to have to take it all up?
Page 1
    • Justagardener
    • By Justagardener 13th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Justagardener
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    Don't worry it will be fine. Grass seed isn't that sensitive it has all it needs in the seed to get going. Plants are sensitive to PH over time, locking up essential nutrients etc. Grass likes a slightly acidic situation. Ericaceous compost can be strong PH at around 5.5-6.0 grass likes about 6.5 neutral PH is 7.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

6,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin