Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 435Posts
    • 80Thanks
    Nesty
    Vodafone - Another increase whilst in contract
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    Vodafone - Another increase whilst in contract 13th Apr 18 at 5:07 PM
    I know there is an official Vodafone complaint thread. Though I think other mobile operators also enforce this practice of a rise whilst, you are in contact.
    Absolutely, riles me another inflation rise from Vodafone whilst locked in contract. It's completely disgraceful, Vodafone (I assumes other mobile providers) get away with this practice.
    I am not free to leave the contract. They automatically trap you that you have to pay the increase. OK it's not going to break the bank and in T&C's, though the principle of this is disgracful. How does consumer law allow this to keep on happening.
    Surely there has to be a law about this soon. If these company want to alter the price of the contract, then an opt out should be allowed.
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 13th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    Nothing new there then.
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    I know there is an official Vodafone complaint thread. Though I think other mobile operators also enforce this practice of a rise whilst, you are in contact.
    Absolutely, riles me another inflation rise from Vodafone whilst locked in contract. It's completely disgraceful, Vodafone (I assumes other mobile providers) get away with this practice.
    I am not free to leave the contract. They automatically trap you that you have to pay the increase. OK it's not going to break the bank and in T&C's, though the principle of this is disgracful. How does consumer law allow this to keep on happening.
    Surely there has to be a law about this soon. If these company want to alter the price of the contract, then an opt out should be allowed.
    Originally posted by Nesty
    Maybe read the contract before you sign up next time, it's not like they don't raise the prices every year...
    ====
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 14th Apr 18, 12:32 AM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:32 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:32 AM
    Go SIM only with Three, they tend to not increase SIM only prices annually.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    Lucky my daughters contract is up in June and I will be certainly be shifting her away from Vodafone due to her data usage. 3 looks an option as they do unlimited data plan.
    • d123
    • By d123 14th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    Lucky my daughters contract is up in June and I will be certainly be shifting her away from Vodafone due to her data usage. 3 looks an option as they do unlimited data plan.
    Just so long as you don't sign up for a contract with a handset from Three...

Changes to your monthly Price Plan due to RPI.

If you joined us or upgraded your phone or Mobile Broadband plan on or after 29 May 2015, your contract allows us to increase the cost of your monthly recurring charge each May by an amount up to the January Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation. This has been announced for January 2018 at 4% and you'll see this increase on or after your May bill and from then onwards.
    www.three.co.uk
    ====
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 14th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    Just so long as you don't sign up for a contract with a handset from Three...

www.three.co.uk
    Originally posted by d123
    She not getting a new handset. It's something like 70 a month on unlimited with i phone. Gonna get her SIM only, as she can't control her data usage. Then again does any youngster nowadays?!
    • boatman
    • By boatman 17th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3,848 Posts
    • 2,737 Thanks
    boatman
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    She not getting a new handset. It's something like 70 a month on unlimited with i phone. Gonna get her SIM only, as she can't control her data usage. Then again does any youngster nowadays?!
    HOW MUCH!!!??

Be cheaper to buy a car and drive to see her friends...
    Yes, sim only is the way to go.
    Last edited by boatman; 17-04-2018 at 3:10 PM. Reason: ii
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 17th Apr 18, 4:01 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:01 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:01 PM
    HOW MUCH!!!??

Be cheaper to buy a car and drive to see her friends...
    Yes, sim only is the way to go.
    Originally posted by boatman
    70 a month is about 2 series down, not the latest model. The latest i-phone (X), 115 per month on unlimited data. The mobile companies there to make money. charging so much for a decent amount of data tariff, they know the youngsters can't put down their phones and can't live without them.

I have about 5GB a month and don't even use that.
    • d123
    • By d123 17th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    70 a month is about 2 series down, not the latest model. The latest i-phone (X), 115 per month on unlimited data. The mobile companies there to make money. charging so much for a decent amount of data tariff, they know the youngsters can't put down their phones and can't live without them.
    83 a month for an iPhone X from Three, unlimited min/text/data.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/basket/ContractD07092019T870101
    ====
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 17th Apr 18, 5:03 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    Thanks sorry I forgot about searching for upfront cost, as I generally don't pay for phones!
    Last edited by Nesty; 17-04-2018 at 5:12 PM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 17th Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Thanks sorry I forgot about searching for upfront cost, as I generally don't pay for phones!
    You do - through the nose. You're obviously not very good with figures.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 17th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    You do - through the nose. You're obviously not very good with figures.
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    I am good with figures though I never had to pay for phones. I used to get them free, though not in that line of work anymore.
    Though 3 SIM only unlimited data for a year seems like a safe bet! Thanks for the help all.
    Last edited by Nesty; 17-04-2018 at 5:45 PM.
    • d123
    • By d123 17th Apr 18, 6:00 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    Though 3 SIM only unlimited data for a year seems like a safe bet! Thanks for the help all.
    It is a good bet, I quite like my unlimited data for 12 a month from Three
    ====
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 17th Apr 18, 6:23 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    It is a good bet, I quite like my unlimited data for 12 a month from Three
    Originally posted by d123
    I could only dream of getting that tariff for my daughter!
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 17th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 8,288 Posts
    • 6,110 Thanks
    pmduk
    I could only dream of getting that tariff for my daughter!
    While you're letting her use whatever she likes she'll never learn. PAYG is the way forward, with her funding the top-ups from earnings.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 17th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 4,417 Thanks
    glentoran99

I have about 5GB a month and don't even use that.
    The phone is 1000 alone,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,144Posts Today

6,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes you would think in this electronic day and age. They could put digital ticket machines on trains https://t.co/RPo4XXvrwk

• RT @Mattallwright: Martin: supplementary: Does she know which platform the train is on, or is it Paddington with five minutes notice to cov?

• RT @KTMGordo: @MartinSLewis Imagine Jane is hungry and late for an urgent appointment & needs to buy a sandwich but the queue's huge. Is?

• Follow Martin