Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Psyduck1980
    • By Psyduck1980 13th Apr 18, 4:12 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Psyduck1980
    Cashback on CEC
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:12 PM
    Cashback on CEC 13th Apr 18 at 4:12 PM
    How is cashback paid on the MSE Cheap Energy Club if you switch through them?
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 5,585 Posts
    • 3,425 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    How is cashback paid on the MSE Cheap Energy Club if you switch through them?
    Originally posted by Psyduck1980
    It is paid directly into your Bank account about 3 months after the actual transfer when the supplier confirms to MSE CEC that the transfer has gone through.
    • Psyduck1980
    • By Psyduck1980 13th Apr 18, 4:24 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Psyduck1980
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:24 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:24 PM
    It is paid directly into your Bank account about 3 months after the actual transfer when the supplier confirms to MSE CEC that the transfer has gone through.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Thanks Hengus. I don't recall setting up a bank account when registering for MSE CEC. If you haven't been paid cashback via their site before do they contact you to ask you to nominate a bank account?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 5,585 Posts
    • 3,425 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    I haven't used MSE CEC for a while as switching directly with my chosen supplier has provided me with a bigger cashback. If memory serves, you do have to enter your Bank details on the CEC site during the switching process. I assume that CEC retains this information on its systems.

Edit: From CEC's FAQs

If you went through a comparison or provider which promises cashback when you switch - including our Cheap Energy Club - it usually takes between three to five months to hit your bank account, depending on how quick the supplier is at processing your application.

The cashback will appear as "EnergyClubCashbk" on your bank statement. If you opted not to pay for your energy by direct debit, the cashback will be paid by cheque.
    Last edited by Hengus; 13-04-2018 at 4:40 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,715Posts Today

7,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin