Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sid Ali
    • By Sid Ali 13th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sid Ali
    Source of Deposit
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    Source of Deposit 13th Apr 18 at 4:10 PM
    I'm considering purchasing a property and wanted to know if the following would be acceptable by lenders...

Since 2011 I have had savings of about 4-5k and in 2014 I received a redundancy package, which took my savings up to 12k. I was in full time employment until 2015 when I decided to become a homemaker. I had moved into my husband's home (marital home) and in 2016 I lent my savings to a family member, who is due to return the full amount this month so what i wanted to know was that with my historic bank statements to reflectling my savings history from 2011 until unemployment including the redundancy payment would having the money returned to me be an accepable source of deposit? I haven't started looking at the market just yet so the money will have been back in my account for a few months anyway...

Thanks
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 13th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 34,129 Posts
    • 18,520 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    Some lenders won't accept repayment of a loan by a third party.

Get professional advice to establish who to avoid.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,228Users online

Martin's Twitter