Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 13th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 115Posts
    • 244Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    DVLA complaints 2017
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    DVLA complaints 2017 13th Apr 18 at 3:08 PM
    Yet more evidence of the DVLA's total abdication of responsilbity for ensuring our personal data is safe in their hands:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/parking_companies_reported_for_n#incoming-1141476

It's no real news to regulars on here that the brief is to chuck out a few stock catchphrases like "DVLA takes data protection very seriously" and "robust safeguards are in place", and then use their template paragraphs to push us onto the mercy of a partisan AOS. But what is a bit surprising is there were only 4 written complaints in 2017. The forums suggest there were considerably more.

If anyone reading this has also complained, perhaps it would be a good idea to add an annotation to this FOIR,so that everyone can see.
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 7,342 Posts
    • 9,787 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    I wonder how the Government would interpret the difference
    between Facebook and Cambridge Analytica .....
    and the DVLA ????

Seems they all supply data to scammers
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    I find this difficult to believe.

In the last ten years I have made two formal written complaints, both of which were settled in my favour, and I am a genial old gentleman who rarely complains about anything.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

1,854Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin