Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • srg0916
    • By srg0916 13th Apr 18, 2:59 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    srg0916
    Submitted Application
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:59 PM
    Submitted Application 13th Apr 18 at 2:59 PM
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to post to let you know I have submitted my application for BR.
    I appreciate all the advice I've got from the people on this site, either directly or indirectly by reading others posts and comments.
    I am a little nervous now about awaiting to hear from the OR. After I processed the application it told me not to use by bank account but i didn't take any money out beforehand as I usually use my debit card to make payments so I don't know if I should continue to use my account in the meantime while I wait to hear from the OR??
    Unless I ask family to help me out I won't have cash for everyday needs, so I'm assuming I will be allowed to take money out? I have been honest with the application and stated I had a balance in my account of 300 but by the time I use some for everyday needs (food,petrol etc) I won't have that in. Will I get wrong for this?
    I suffer from stress and depression and now the waiting is adding to this.
    I have applied online to nationwide for their flex account in case my halifax accounts get closed so that I can simply tell work to pay into the nationwide account instead. I don't know If i should have done this now or later once accepted but I done it. They approved my account but I need to take some things into a branch to process the opening and they are sending me a letter to tell me what to take.
    I have called a couple of my creditors to advise them of the situation, none of them seemed to care now I have said I have filed for BR. (alot quicker calls than previous, before I told them I'm going BR)
    I must admit although I'm nervous about my interview and I really hoping to keep my car as getting buses to work would mean at least 2 buses if not 3 plus about 1-1.5hour journeys each way just to get to work which normally in a car would take me less than 30 mins each way. Also I have a son who I taxi to and from childcare, as both myself and my wife work. I have been honest about the cost of my car, I think it's worth 1400 as although it's a 60 reg it's got 55k miles and it's body work is quite bad (alot of scratches and dints) Plus I have just spent quite a bit of money for maintenance over the last year on repairs and servicing. If i was forced to get a new car and sell this one I worry I would have to spend a bomb on the new car for repairs like I have done recently. I will be gutted if I have to get rid of my car and use public transport, this will just add mass amount to my stress levels and cause deeper depression I feel.
    Would the OR take my mental health issues into account re my car?
    Thanks again and sorry for the long post people.
Page 1
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 13th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 2,203 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:10 PM
    Its fine to use your account for everyday needs - I would advise making sure you have enough cash to tide you over a week or two if possible.
    It might be worth going into a Barclays branch and asking specifically for a 'basic' account just in case the Nationwide one gets frozen too.
    Car might be ok - a low valuation based on condition would have been ok.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,469Posts Today

7,129Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin