Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    • 437Posts
    • 80Thanks
    Nesty
    Ebay selling Offers - Stitch up or good value
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    Ebay selling Offers - Stitch up or good value 13th Apr 18 at 2:20 PM
    I accepted sell for a 1 offer in March. In past used 1 other selling offer, a few months ago no issues.
    I listed a fair few items in March about 100, but sadly many haven't sold, (LP genre probably not appealing to the wider public, as previously). On my March statement loads of 0.29 insertion entry fees. Though these are items, which have not sold yet. Makes up about 80% of the invoice.
    When I listed these items, I am convinced the listing fee said 0.00 at the bottom. I always check this to make sure. I bet if I sell these items in April, I'll have to pay a full final fixed fee, as probably out of the timeline for the selling for a 1 offer.
    OK I know it's probably probably deep in Ebay T&C's somewhere. I can help feeling being mislead and stitched up on fees. It's hard enough make money on ebay without being shafted by them.
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 60,319 Posts
    • 42,976 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    I accepted sell for a 1 offer in March. In past used 1 other selling offer, a few months ago no issues.
    I listed a fair few items in March about 100, but sadly many haven't sold, (LP genre probably not appealing to the wider public, as previously). On my March statement loads of 0.29 insertion entry fees. Though these are items, which have not sold yet. Makes up about 80% of the invoice.
    When I listed these items, I am convinced the listing fee said 0.00 at the bottom. I always check this to make sure. I bet if I sell these items in April, I'll have to pay a full final fixed fee, as probably out of the timeline for the selling for a 1 offer.
    OK I know it's probably probably deep in Ebay T&C's somewhere. I can help feeling being mislead and stitched up on fees. It's hard enough make money on ebay without being shafted by them.
    Originally posted by Nesty
    Do the fees shown relate to each item, ie you haven't mistaken the items you are being charged for?

If that is the case then is it possible you mistook what you saw when you listed? If not and you otherwise complied exactly with the offer, ie only in one category, no automatic re lists etc, phone ebay and complain.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:11 PM
    I am looking at the itemised invoice via CSV file. There is 0.29 against items, I am still currently selling. So I still have the item and already been charged for it. Though I bet if they sell now I will be charged again.
    This is what it says. [Insertion Fee;Promotional rate 0.29]
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    I think I might of worked this out. The 0.29 is the rate I supposed to have saved. It's the way the CSV file lays it out. I didn't think I sold that much for such a high bill. Though, at say 10% (and 4% of paypal) all round I suppose it adds up fairly quickly.
    Sorry for the confusion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,178Posts Today

8,587Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin