Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hobbitfancier
    • By hobbitfancier 13th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    • 112Posts
    • 476Thanks
    hobbitfancier
    Lost return by MyHermes sent through a 3rd party courier
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    Lost return by MyHermes sent through a 3rd party courier 13th Apr 18 at 1:11 PM
    Parcel Motel is a courier service that allows the people resident in republic of Ireland to purchase goods in the UK (at a cheaper cost) and have them delivered to a PO Box in Northern Ireland. They partner with MyHermes to offer a returns service - more info.

I returned a MyHermes package via Parcel Motel almost 2 weeks ago now (23 March). The package was dropped off to MyHermes on 26 March but the barcode was not scanned correctly. I only have the signature and name of the MyHermes employee that was forwarded to me by Parcel Motel. I was returning the package to Uniqlo regarding receipt of my package and processing my refund, this was their response:

"We understand the frustration this may have caused, however the email is a single one, not one to confirm we have received the return and another regarding the refund. It is a single email.

If you have not received this notification, your return has not reached us. Hence the need to always keep a proof of return until the end of the process.
    " - As I used PM I do not have proof of return, I only have the signature and name of the employee they sent me.

PM informed me:

"Your contract with Parcel Motel was to deliver your parcel to Hermes, which we have fulfilled and provided you with signed proof of delivery. Unfortunately we would have no control over the parcel after delivery as once we hand this over to a 3rd party carrier our commitment to you is fulfilled. I would advise contacting the retailer to follow this up further with Hermes as this is their dedicated returns partner."

I contacted MyHermes through the webchat two days ago - giving details, providing my name, PO Box address it was delivered to and the barcode number. A MyHermes rep told me they would get to me within 24 hours which of course they didn't. I've emailed them again today - with a photograph of the package I returned - to show MyHermes label and barcode.

So what are my rights if the package is not returned to the company? PM are partnered with MyHermes so I naively assumed the process would be efficient and I'd be able to track my parcel.

There is 160 worth of goods in the package. I am so frustrated as no one will accept responsibility!

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by hobbitfancier; 13-04-2018 at 1:14 PM.
Page 1
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 13th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 10,035 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    There's every chance Uniqlo actually do have it. Returned to them twice and both times they screwed it up - once claiming they hadn't received the parcel until I proved otherwise and the second time only refunded for part of the return until I called and chased it. Haven't purchased from them since.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

9,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin